Another Problem W/ PF

BigPete

Reaction score
Got everything working fine on my first build game cam.  Popped film in it to get it ready to take it out and notice that the LCD frame counter isn't working.  The flash symbol and the battery strength indicator is working fine - just no numbers.  Everything else is working fine - seems like the film is advancing fine.  I set it out in the woods anyway in a high traffic area - will see what happens.  Any ideas?

BigPete

Reaction score
I don't even get the "1" for the first frame - the LCD is blank except for the battery strength indicator and the flash symbol.  Guess I'll find out if the film was advancing in a few days when I pull the camera.  It sounds normal when the camera tries to advance the film.

woodsman

Reaction score
I'm with ****** on this one ,I have had the same kind of problem  ,if the cam did'nt grab the film it wont go to the #1 ,the led will stay on the #O :toothless:

arlow

Banned
Reaction score
I agree with woodsman too.  If you don't pull the film to the pick up cylinder the film will not advance and the counter will stay at zero. I had the same problem with my first cam.  Look up my thread "owlpf problem film advance".  It is probably back a few pages by now but you can search by author and that feature wiil list all threads that person has started.  I think that you will find that I sound a lot like you in that thread.  :banghead:

shrtcirkt

Reaction score
Pete,
Sounds like you are saying that there is NOT even a zero after you loaded the film. If this is the case you will need to open the camera back up and check for stray solder balls on the  circuit board. Also, check that you did not accidently break one of the very fine wires going to the lcd module.

BigPete

Reaction score
shrtcirkt - I think you may be right - the entire LCD was acting a bit goofy b/4 I put the camera back together......i.e., the battery strength indicator was only partially lit despite having fresh batteries in it, etc.  I'll pull the camera out of the woods tomorrow and have a look if I have time.  Hopefully it will have recorded a few pics!

BigPete

Reaction score
Pulled the cam last night and processed the film today - plenty of deer pics, so the film was advancing OK - Great pics...crystal clear, but I must have made my objective hole a little too small - getting a bit of the tunnel/tube effect around the edges.  I do need a timer however......1 or 2 curious deer that got their pic taken several times!  Will do a search on timers.  Any recommendations?

Top Bottom