Another sprig you guys missed

Orygun

Reaction score
IMG_0140_2.jpg My point and shoot camera caught this guy popping up out of a pothole in Klamath County last week. Iphoto does wonders for quick shots through dirty side windows. Those who want to learn their waterfowl would do best to be out at local lakes and rivers right now. Drakes are in full breeding plumage. The Klamath Basin is currently rife with waterfowl.

DuckFever

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Sprig are definitely my favorite ducks.

Bossbrott

Reaction score
View attachment 75697 My point and shoot camera caught this guy popping up out of a pothole in Klamath County last week. Iphoto does wonders for quick shots through dirty side windows. Those who want to learn their waterfowl would do best to be out at local lakes and rivers right now. Drakes are in full breeding plumage. The Klamath Basin is currently rife with waterfowl.
I sure hope they still have standing water? If not it could be very ugly!

Orygun

Reaction score
I sure hope they still have standing water? If not it could be very ugly!
For local production they will do ok. Not that far sast of Klamath there is the burg of Bonanza Oregon. There are numerous spring fed little marshes that hold water year round. Those areas actually have too much water at times. Very shallow table. Mater of fca with all the arsenic and sulfur from the volcanic activity the wells become undrinkable when there is too much water. that is is just a small area over all though. Rest of the state is dry. The Deschutes Basin is okay but will be dropping soon. Won't be a lot of water for the duckies to stop over on this fall.

And since I'm too lazy to post in the trout section. I would serious consider hitt8ing the east walker and bridgeport res this year. With the very low snow and water draws the res should get very, very low. Those that have been around a will remember the short lived but awesome season in the 80s when we had a serious drought and the reservoir turned back into a river. Guys were slaughtering the bigger bows. Then the alfalfa farmers in NV took the water and the East walker silted over wipi\ung out most of the big browns for a long time. They are supposed to have guaranteed minimal flows and what not, but the chance of the river getting real low and going in the crapper is pretty good.

Top Bottom