Another stolden camera

B

brian alberda

Has anyone ever looked into some type of tracking device to put in our camera Im sure the cost $$ will be there but I think it would be worth it to walk up to someone with the local authorities and arrest them for thef.  this is the third camara in 5 years and it is getting old.  brian

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe put another camera up in a tree pointing down at the first camera.  Turn the flash off so it doesn't tip anyone off.  I have a neighbor who caught a trespasser this way.  

ToddP

Zeke

Reaction score
ToddP, You read my mind! I was thinking of doing just that. Where I'm gonna put mine, you can almost pee from one side of my property to the other. My back line is only 200ft across. There are 200 & 300 acre tracts all around me and I got about an acre out of 8 that the deer move thru...so guess where the other guys put their stands....all around my back line.. So with all the traffic, I'm definately gonna have 2 cams.  Z

gizz

Reaction score
Zeke, just make sure your line is heavily marked and somewhat viewable by the "monitoring" cam. It will result in a stiffer penalty if you can prove trespassing along with theft.

russ

Reaction score
I GLUED A  ANTENNA OFF A BROKEN CELL PHONE TO ONE OFF MY CAMS THAT I HAVE IN A HIGH TRAVEL AREA.SO FAR IT STILL BELONGS TO ME, HAVE HAD PICS OF PEOPLE.I GUESS THEY THINK IT TRANSMITES THERE PICTURE.

coyote

Reaction score
yikes...I can't help but feel for ya.   The tracking devise will cost more than the cam for sure.  I guess the bright side is our home brews really are not that great of monitary loss[compared to a commercial one] but just the fact that you don't know if it's going to be there when you go back for it may keep your cam in the house rather than the woods.  Keep your chin up and good luck finding the guy...yoteee'

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
My wife bought a real cheap personnel alarm that is activated when you pull a small pin attached to a cord.  The thing will run you out of a room with an ear piercing scream.  I wonder if you can somehow put that thing inside your locked cam box with a hole in the box which allows the pull cord to be mounted to the tree.  When they yank the box from the tree, the alarm sounds.  Of course, this would only work if you live nearby.  Just a crazy thought.  

Zeke

Reaction score
Better yet...put a "frag" in it!  Nah, just kiddin'. The alarm deal does sound good. Bet they would crap their pants when it went off!!! That would be a good pic to get on another cam! Z

Steve Jo

Reaction score
I like the audio alarm in a locked box (ammo can) no one is gonna haul that screamin mess out of the woods.  Be cool to rig the security camera to take pics only when the first is disturbed. That way you dont run out of film taking pics of deer and other things.

Make the bait camera more obvious, not quite so camoflaged.  I said it in another post, a pic of a tresspasser is better than any buck, a pic of a tresspassing guy stealing your cam is even better!

coyote

Reaction score
A well placed mercury/motion switch could set off alarm when the housing was disturbed.  This small alarm could be a self contained unit to quickly pop in the box when desired...this seems like a plausable fix.  The alarm would use no battery power until activated.  I got enough stuff kickin' round here I just might give it a go this week...yoteee'

Fubar

Reaction score
Put a Danger Radiation sticker on the outside. Maybe that would be enough to scare someone off.              Fubar

Dbworld

Reaction score
I stuck a cheap car antennae to the top of the box and put this message.  People around here are not real bright so it might just work.

This is part of an important wildlife study being conducted by Michigan Department of Natural Resources.  Please do not touch. It is an automatic camera that will electronically transmit a digital image to a central location of an animal as it comes to bait, and will not harm the animal. If you have any questions, please contact:  
David Beecher
(989) 868-xxxx  Thank you.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
I've been using this label in my cameras, not my idea, someone on here's,  forgot who,  sorry!

Attention:

If you stole this Camera then you better put it back!  

Other cameras in the area probably took your picture.  
The value of this unit will exceed the
"Stealing Over $150.00" classification and the
Penalty established by Law will be a
FELONY CONVICTION.......

Attention:

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom