Another Stupid Timer Question

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Ive built the circut for Martys timer 3 times and still can't get it to work. I've reversed the cap, and it still won't work. The camera just sits there & won't go off. Does it require an additional relay or just hook to the PIR out leads from the relay???????????????????

Getting frustrated

Butch

davered1

Reaction score
Butch,

Don't know anything about that timer, BUT if I were you I would buy one of the 3 chips available from either joed,hamiltoe or brian. They all sound like they are top quality(have only tried one of them so far) They are super easy t obuild (couple of lights and couple of  push buttons and your in business).

They all charge about the same and have alot more features than just a timer) i.e. counter,4 or 5 time delays,some have a refresh.

Cant go wrong for $10.

just my opinion:smiley-thumbs-up:
Dave

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Your Link Displays this message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /storage/1/v5/6/31/81/33163181mqfkNZ_ph.jpg on this server.

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score

I went and looked at your pic.I'm not familiar with this timer. But do you have a bread board to set it up on to test it? Also do you have a schematic on this timer? As davered1 suggested I use Brians timer and it works great. After you figure this one out might try one of his or one of the others. I know how frustrating it can be. LOL

(Edited by TNDEERHUNTER at 9:19 pm on Mar. 13, 2002)

Tinhorn

Reaction score
BH,

Double check the Lead ID of the 3 transistors, easy to make a mistake here......

It's hard to compare the pix with the schematic because the pix didnt turn out that good, couldn't make out any obvious problems tho

Tinhorn

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Reversed the transistors and the camera fires continuously. I hate electrons. Gonna buy a couple of JoeD's chips. Damn I wish I could get this thing to work for my own satisfaction. Maybe I need to grab the cap to shake me up a little. ^^*%%%%%%*&()(()+_)__*****

Butch

davered1

Reaction score

Put that baby in the tinkering pile and work on it in a day or 2. You must be close/but is it worth your sanity???

If you throw it in the tinkering pile the next time you pick it up the problem will probably jump out at you.

:smiley-thumbs-up:

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Bought a couple of 555 chips to play with after a client "BOUGHT" ( I know, a dirty word ) a cam I had. Going to play with them and pull my hair out for a few days.

Butch

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Gee, I just made a timer found in a radioshack book using a 555 chip. Didn't realize how nasty smoke from a 555 smelled. Daughter kept wanting to see it again. Gotta be a good weekend.

Butch

Top Bottom