Another W/A closed to hunting.

grizz

Reaction score
Well they've done it again.  Only this time they didn't shut the area down, just hunting on it.  Why, because some neighbor complaned.  Claimed it was to dangerous,  that she could be hit by a slug or arrow while on her walks in the area.  Looks like Fish & Game just folded without any fight or reguard for the guys who hunted there.  The Shanghai Bend Wildlife Area is south of Yuba City.  The area has been hunted alot longer than it's been a W/A.  It's only been a W/A since some levee realinement was done about two years ago.  Before that it was just another sand bar on the river.  Depending on the year,  its good for a decent dove shoot now and then. Not anymore, thanks for nothing again Fish & Game.   :mad-red:

grizz

Reaction score
Well they've done it again.  Only this time they didn't shut the area down, just hunting on it.  Why, because some neighbor complaned.  Claimed it was to dangerous,  that she could be hit by a slug or arrow while on her walks in the area.  Looks like Fish & Game just folded without any fight or reguard for the guys who hunted there.  The Shanghai Bend Wildlife Area is south of Yuba City.  The area has been hunted alot longer than it's been a W/A.  It's only been a W/A since some levee realinement was done about two years ago.  Before that it was just another sand bar on the river.  Depending on the year,  its good for a decent dove shoot now and then. Not anymore, thanks for nothing again Fish & Game.   :mad-red:

Greenhead

Reaction score
Grizz, do you have any more details on the closure? Are you talking about the Feather River Wildlife area, downstream of Star Bend Launch? If so, that's total b.s. There's not a home within missle range, let alone shotgun range. Any additional details you can provide would be great. Thanks.

grizz

Reaction score
No green, it 's not those W/A's  This one is closer to yuba city at Shanghai Bend.  I've Emailed DFG but no reponce yet.

grizz

Reaction score
I take that back , there was a response a guy name Cliff ask me for a little more info on the area. So I just sent him what I know.  Maybe tomorrow I'll hear back.

grizz

Reaction score
The final word from DFG, ''The area is closed to hunting due to complaints from dog walkers and hikers''.   Isn't that great, I would bet hunters money is being spent on this area, we can't use.   :mad-red:

Top Bottom