Antelope in 065,142,144

maddog582

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I drew a rifle tag for this unit. I used to live in Elko but that was 10 years ago. I am living in Ca. now and am looking for some general help on where to hunt this unit. I am only going to have a few days to scout before the season so any help would be appriciated

Howard

Pyke

Reaction score
I haven't been out in 142, 144 for several years but I do remember seeing some antelope there, I know that's not much help. 065 I have been in more recently however I did not see antelope at all there.
I believe it is going to be a hunt where you spend time driving all the roads you can untill you spot some antelope and then stalking.
Sorry, that I can't be of any real usefull help.

maddog582

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Pykes, I know there used to be lots down by Eureka around the alfalfa fields,but I never hunted uo in that area. I always hunted north of Gerlach for lopes. Spent lots of time up around Mountain City chasing deer and Wells chasing sage hens. Not alot of tags given out,so probably not huge amounts of goats. Find high ground and start glassing I guess

superduty

Reaction score
maddog582, PM me :gettin mail: and I will see what I can do to help. I have the same rifle tag opening on August 22nd and should be able to help.

maddog582

Reaction score
Superduty I couldnt get the pm to work, so email sent

Thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom