Antelope Valley Sportsman's Club

OC hunter

Reaction score
I was interested in getting their family membership and wondered if anyone has ever belonged or had any experience with this club near Lancaster.

songdog

Reaction score
Grtwythunter use to work there.  Might want to ask him.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
OC-
   I worked there about 12 yrs ago and still hunt there 1 or 2 times a year. Wish I could afford a membership. Dave(the owner) took pretty good care of his members while I was there. He is a good guy.
   I don't know if you've ever been there, but the terrain is typical high desert. Anything from ankle high weeds/grass to thick sagebrush. There is also some cultivated farmland. Lots of flatland, but there is also a fair amount of rolling hills.
  As far as the birds go you have to accept the fact that they are pen raised birds. Earlier in the season they fly pretty well. but when Feb. rolls around and they've been sitting in a barn eating corn all year they are pretty much footballs with legs. Usually takes a foot in the butt to get them flying.
  I don't know if he still does it, but I seem to remember him letting members come out in the afternoons and hunt for any birds left in the field. I don't think he counts them against your bird card either. There are days you could do real well hunting cleanup. There were days I'd get 5 or 6 before I went home. It'd be worth asking about.
  Anyways...hope this helps you out. I think his website is http://www.whitesidesflyer.com. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.         Scott

OC hunter

Reaction score
Thanks for the information.  I have hunted a few clubs before and know that certain times of the year the birds don't want to fly no matter what.  I have been to their web-site and it looks like a pretty good deal with all the extras included.  If you are sitting down, take at look at High Desert Hunt Club's rates...
http://www.highdeserthunt.com/ratecard.htm
I went there once,   ONCE.

Thonzberry

Reaction score
OC, I hunted the High desert club before, Now I know why they call it "HIGH DOLLAR HUNT CLUB".
can you say ouch!!!!!!!!!

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom