ANTI THEFT Two box's

woodsman

Reaction score
I had an idea of mounting the cam and Pir in seperate boxes so the cam box can be mounted  10' off the ground and the PIR stay 2' at the bottom of the tree ,Connected by phone line . I think it would be harder to carry a ladder and bolt cutters into the woods . I have not built one yet but it's not a bad idea. The best part is the box's will be smaller . :ideablue:

Tinhorn

Reaction score
For High Risk areas, that sounds like a good idea,  the flash may not be as noticeable either or maybe it'll be hard to figure out where it came from.  

And, like you said, the PIR enclosure would be smaller and harder to find (as well as the cam enclosure being both smaller and above the line of sight)

But like Wild Bill said,  you'd need a ladder to check on camera......

Tinhorn

woodsman

Reaction score
Thats the su## part of it ,well no ! you can use climbing pegs the screw in one's .

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
Depending on how high you want to put your camera,I take my climbing tree stand with me and mount mine 15 - 20 ft up. I have only done this a couple of times because its more work but I don't think you will get your cams stolen if they are that high up. LOL

gtk

Reaction score
Woodsman..  take my advice.. STAY AWAY from any type of screw-in step..  i've had bad bad bad experiences with them :rolleyes-green:  if you use them, be sure to take that safety belt..

woodsman

Reaction score
I was thinking you would only need two or three steps to get you up high enough to set up . gtk you had one of thoughs steps brake ,I use Ameristep folding one's no problems yet.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom