Antler Lights/chandeliers

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Have any of you guys worked with elk or whitetail antlers to make a chandelier with lights? I'm thinking of making one for myself. Is there anything in particular I need to watch our for? Any suggestions in picking out antlers to work with?

Thanks,
Todd

jim in illinois

Reaction score
Todd, My buddy at work made one about 2 yrs ago and he had one h### of a time. I called him and he said to tell ya to try to layout as much as possible before you start to glue it. otherwise you get about halfway done and you've got a bunch of antlers that wont fit anywhere. 2. Start at the bottom and work your way up. 3. If you have to cut the antlers to shorten them up take some light colored stain and brush it over the cut end otherwise the white shows up bad when its done. 4. He has some leftover Rogaine he'll send to ya when you pull all your hair out. hehehe! He built his for his wifes birthday and had a deadline to meet but i suppose if you are just building it for something to do it wouldnt be too bad.

killinturks

Reaction score
a guy i know was making one. i know he drilled and screwed them together so the screws were up and hidden but i dont know how he hid the wires. he sold his log home before i got back to see the finished product. try looking on the net at some to see how they are configured. try looking at " one guy lighting" they have some nice ones

killinturks

Reaction score
another way to make one would be to find a metal light with some candle bulbs and maybe a downlight and screw the antlers directly to the metal frame. that way the hard work is already done. look at the cabelas light (the one with the downlight) and you will see what i mean. the key to this would be to find a light that would have room to screw the antlers on and blend together

Arrowhead

Reaction score
ToddP >> Here is a link to a guy that sell's lamps, how too video's and also kits for making lamps. Not sure if your interested but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Good Luck.

Antler Lights stuff

Top Bottom