Any bucks taken at FHL J10 Apprentice Hunt in 2012?

GLP

Reaction score
The new Big Game Hunting Digest reports zero bucks taken at the FHL J10 in 2012. This is hard to believe since 28 were reported taken in 2011, unless of course the base was closed to rifle hunting those weekends in 2012. My son didn't draw J10 in 2012 but I'm putting him in for it again in 2013 so I'm curious about this.

Also, the 2013 BGHD does not report %success or #bucks taken for each zone. Anyone know if there is another way to get this from DFG?

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Reaction score
That report you got is bogus. There were al least 10 heads with bones hanging in the FHL walk-in cooler on the opening weekend of J10 2012.

GLP

Reaction score
That's what I figured. Either FHL didn't report or DFG got it wrong. I have heard of other errors in this table.

Anyone out there from DFG care to comment? My suggestion is to make corrections found in the BGHD and issue a revision before the draw application deadline, even if it's only available electronically. I know this is more work but some hunters, especially newer ones, rely on accurate harvest information from prior years when choosing which to put in for.

brushape

Reaction score
the f&w wants to sell tags but is hiding the facts that we have the lowest success % in the country so they are no longer publishing that info is the way im taking it.

Top Bottom