Any false pics lately

StringShooter

Reaction score
With the cooler weather, at least here in the midwest, has anyone noticed any fewer false pics?

I have my cams out but will not be able to pick them up till late next week.

(Edited by StringShooter at 5:24 pm on Oct. 1, 2001)

Possum

Reaction score
I had my new MS20 out with Joe's new timer in it.  Did not have any false pics at all.  I had it in "double pic" mode but only got 2 good doubles out of 10 events.  This was because I had it too close to the trail and the deer moved just a little in 5 seconds.  The cooler weather helped I believe, as well as, the timing out period.  I did catch the neighbors dogs running deer through the funnel I was set up on.  I love to hunt with dogs but if you only own 1 acre that your house sits on ?????.  These were deer dogs by the way.  I believe I can see the name on the collar in one photo.  

gizz

Reaction score
geez possum, finally some good news on the MS20?
I notice better "control" from the PIR once the weather cools down. I built my first last December with the MS20 and it was about 10 degrees when I tested it. It worked extremely well in the winter but then again there was very little wildlife activity other than the larger animals. I really think a lot of false pics or pics with no visible animals can be attributed to birds, smaller animals(ie squirrels, chipmonks, etc) that just aren't visible in the pics. I only had one time when my batt's ran too low that my PIR fired off whatever was left on my roll one after another. Glad your getting some good results.
gizz

Possum

Reaction score
I was really happy with it.  I built the RSPIR first and never had any falsing.  The MS20 performed great as well.  I only had some ? pics when it was over a corn pile.  I think the squirrels had something to do with it.  Now that I have an OWL PF I will definately put it in the MS20 just for the extended range.

StringShooter

Reaction score
No pun intended, but the squirrels are going nuts this time of year!. Once they calm down and the weather cools off for good, the MS20's should be in great shape.

I moved my cams up about a foot higher to see if it helps with the little critters walking underneath. Most of my false pics are actually a squirrel hanging around directly below the camera. At a distance, the squirels will not activate my cams.

Brotherwolf

Reaction score
Last  week I picked up my camera after being out for the week before, and I had all 24 exposures with critters on it. I had bucks, does, does and fawns, and a raccoon no falses!!!  I love this cooler weather!

bigmandude

Reaction score
YIPPEE,,

IT FINALLY DROPPED BELOW 80 DEGREES down here in mississippi and i had 2 cameras out neither of them had a single picture taken, one of them locked up..(question coming soon to forum) but the other was still working and took my pic when i walked up.  at least i know not to hunt that spot till the acorns start falling,  the point is (NO FALSIES AT ALL!!!) the week before i had only 7 good pics out of 50.

bowbender

Reaction score
YEP I AM GETTING LESS FALSIES!!! IM VERY HAPPY TOO, FILM IS GETTING EXPENSIVE AND THE PICS OF TREES WERE GETTING BORING!!!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom