Any Free Hog Hunts in Texas?

usadaytrader

Reaction score
I understand they are considered a nuisance over there and some farmers would like people to shoot them and help with the population. Is there anyway to find those farmers? My buddy and I would like to drive to the closest place in Texas with a good chance at pigs. We will pay for lodging. Thanks!

Flatbroke

Reaction score
I dont know of any place but am curious to see if there are any.

usadaytrader

Reaction score
Flatbroke- Your from Hollister? Aren't there pigs where you are? I've come back too many times from BLM near Coalinga to go back again

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
Dont know about free but the going rate is $600-$800 for unlimited hog hunts.

Flatbroke

Reaction score
Yes there are pigs around. The laguna mountain access has them they are hard to find though. Condon peak used to have them too but its been a lot of years since I have been down to those areas. I think the days of farmers allowing any old stranger access to their place is long gone though,

boarrunner

Reaction score
there are/were some very affordable trips in west texas, less than a couple hundred a day with lodging and guide behind dogs, or not if you want.. I'd have to checkwith him and see if ther're still guiding though. its been about 5 years scince I was in the south west part of the state.

usadaytrader

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SDHNTR @ Apr 10 2008, 07:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Free lunch? Dont think so.[/b]

Oh yea. Some farmers welcome you with open hands. They are considered pests. Its a matter of finding them. Guess I have to hit up a farmer in Oklahoma.

Gomer76825

Reaction score
I live in Texas and I think SD hit it pretty much on the head. Yes, they are a pain in the arse, but why give them away when their are plenty of folks willing to pay to hunt'em. Two time winner for the landowner, that being said there are allot of very reasonable hunts in our great State. Good luck!

usadaytrader

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. Although the "there is no free lunch" saying is usually true. I already found a spot in Texas. Thanks again

usadaytrader

Reaction score
Its near the Rio Grande River. Don't want to say where exactly. And Yes, the hunt is free, but the gas to get there is not. I guess this falls in the "theres no free lunch" category after all.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
So you want others to tell you where to hunt for free, but the same question gets a "not gonna say response".

Makes sense to me.

usadaytrader

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bearclaw @ Apr 12 2008, 08:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So you want others to tel you where to hunt for free, but the same question gets a "not gonna say response".

Makes sense to me.[/b]

Well BearClaw,

If someone invites me for a hunt, I respect their wishes to keep it on the down low. Does that make more sense to you now?

dkhuntr25

Banned
Reaction score
dont mind those guys seems like for the most part they were givin u a hard time sayin that those places dont exist and now u proved them wrong and now they wanna follow ya down there funny how that works isnt it!

Bwana Turtle

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (usadaytrader @ Apr 12 2008, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its near the Rio Grande River. Don't want to say where exactly. And Yes, the hunt is free, but the gas to get there is not. I guess this falls in the "theres no free lunch" category after all.[/b]
I'm holding out for a hunt where they pay for the gas and the dry ice too.

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
I’m not giving you a hard time. Personally I don’t mind paying to hunt on property that has pigs. Most of the places in TX that charge have room/boarding, meals, transportation around the ranch and blinds included. The only thing you need to bring is a gun and bullets. I feel the gamble of pigs actually being there is a little safer if your paying someone. TX is a long way from CA.

Good luck on your hunt.

Top Bottom