any good spots?

dkhuntr25

Banned
Reaction score
anybody know of some spots i would b able to shoot some carp? i live in modesto. i am just lookin for some help if anyone can i would appreciate it

brave52000

Reaction score
Were leaving to go out and shoot for the night in a couple hours! New Melones, Don Pedro, Tulloch, and New Hogan all have excellent opportunities if you have a boat. They all are full of carp in the shallows this time of year!

Feel free to ask me any more specific questions, we've shot them all!

dkhuntr25

Banned
Reaction score
just go into the shallows? where are good spots docks?? u know of any rivers or anything?

brave52000

Reaction score
The shallows on the warmer sides of the lakes are your best bet. The warmer sides will be the sides that are farthest from the inlet. Docks are ok, but are usualy too deep. This time of year is excellent in the shallows, night time is best with lights, but during the day can be good with polarized sunglasses.

DMC

Reaction score
Brave,

Were did you shoot and was it any good. I fished a bass trny at Pardee and saw 2 carp all day. Shot a few at Hogan about a week ago just messing around with my kids.

As soon as this weather steadies the Delta should really take off. May is usually great all over if and when the wind does not blow.

Good luck

brave52000

Reaction score
Shot at New Melones the past two weekends. The weekend before last was very good. Ended up with 40+ fish by the end of the night. However, this last weekend was slooow. We went out from dark-midnight and only ended up with 5 fish in the boat. It was cold, and that must have moved them back down of the shore.

brave52000

Reaction score
We have a boat with 3000 watts in shop lights mounted to the front. They are powered by a 3000 watt honda generator, when the carp are up the action is non-stop. We've had 100+ fish nights. The carp seemed to be sorta stunned by the lights and will usually give you a good shot opportunity.

DMC

Reaction score
Brave,

Ya the weather was not very carpy last weekend. It looks like we may see better times this comming week.

I heard Clearlake was bustin loose before this last cold snap. The Delta was just moving up and staging for a run on things. The fish I shot at Hogan were full of eggs also. Definatly getting to be that time of yr.

Gonna hit Clearlake at least 2 times this yr before the trny. Gotta another top secret set up I am working on for that lake maybe it will actually work this time.

Good luck.

Top Bottom