Any opinions on: deer zones d11(Angeles forest) and d13(Frazier Park & LosPadres)

Kbhunts888

Reaction score
Hi all,
Getting ready for my first hunt, and wanted to hear from some of our knowledge base out there.

Thanks Kevin

cjack

Reaction score
Lots of hunters, low numbers, low success rate according to DFW #s. With that being said, there are deer to be had but in my opinion you need to find an area and get to know it well. Frazer Park, Los Padres, Angeles Forest covers a lot of area and different habitats. You need to decide if you want to hunt the lower grass and sage areas or go high. IMO pick an area and work it.

slanttop357

Reaction score
Dont be afraid to ask, i was up around rightwood one year and asked a forest clean up manager have you seen any deer in the area he told me 3 places, went to the first place and nothing but fresh Deer tracks and trails every ware, did not see any Deer but they were in there.

Kbhunts888

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for your time and knowledge,
I will probably work on my A zone, and then begin on some d11 & d13 zone scouting before the seasons.
Any time spent will not be wasted.

All the best
Kevin

AFHunter

Reaction score
If you want a partner, let me know. Im new to hunting and just looking to get out and learn. Im at Edwards AFB just north of lancaster/palmdale.

Bow805hunter

Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen for your time and knowledge,
I will probably work on my A zone, and then begin on some d11 & d13 zone scouting before the seasons.
Any time spent will not be wasted.

All the best
Kevin
If you want a second pair of eyes let me know, I live in Ventura. Can kinda help you with where is a no go so far in a zone, been scouting all over, d13 is rough with sage and thick brush. But let me know, send me a pm of your intersted.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom