Any success out there?

mdreisen

Reaction score
headed out solo(no dog) last weekend up the 395 no luck for me. saw one bird but that sucker was running fast. Haven't been out much this due to school, but I had a great opening weekend with my son. hopefully ill squeeze one more day in this season. Hope everyone is having a time getting out.

Limited Out

Reaction score
I am taking a couple of friends to the I.V. tomorrow to shoot some Euros, my favorite pass time. I hope I can put these guys on some birds, the last trip was less than memorable, got the fingers crossed.

Reaction score
I am taking a couple of friends to the I.V. tomorrow to shoot some Euros, my favorite pass time. I hope I can put these guys on some birds, the last trip was less than memorable, got the fingers crossed.
Good luck out there...this will be our 2nd time going out we just got into hunting lol...so hopefully we get luckier this time 1st time we saw some quail but couldn’t get a shot on em plus we didn’t fully know what we were doing lol.

Reaction score
Wen
Approximately where near Tehachapi do you go? I've never been out that way. Looking for a place to go this weekend to finish off the season.
went out to Close to Lucerne valley and phelan today no luck. Don’t know if it was too cold and windy or if we just don’t know where to look lol. We only been out twice since we started hunting also though.

coff20

Reaction score
Vadim,

I go approximately where I can find public land, a reliable water source, sage, rabbit brush, and Joshua tree cover, and slopes with plenty of green up for the birds to eat. Find those things, put some boots on the ground and you’ll be fine.

slamdmini

Reaction score
went out running trail cams last sat and decided to bring the gun. came home with 6 quail so cant complain

Vadim22

Reaction score
Vadim,

I go approximately where I can find public land, a reliable water source, sage, rabbit brush, and Joshua tree cover, and slopes with plenty of green up for the birds to eat. Find those things, put some boots on the ground and you’ll be fine.
I've never been out that way. I don't even know if I should be looking near Tehachapi town or Tehachapi Mountains or Tehachapi Valley. I'm looking on onXmaps and have no idea what I should be looking for. If you can give me some directions, I would appreciate it. I don't need the coordinates to your spot, but something along the lines of "x miles east of highway xx", would be great. If not, I'll understand.

Top Bottom