Any truth to holding the break barrel rifles looser than a regular rifle that we tuck in tight?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Hey, I'm a FNG to break barrels so be gentle. I read some comments about holding the break barrel rifles looser than a regular rifle that we tuck in tight. Any truth to that?

TonyS

I don't think so Jeff. I should have let you shoot my single shot break barrel NEF in .223. That thing is scary accurate.

Schnitt

I have a few "springers" including a gas piston.
I used to target shoot .22 using a shooting sling....which is a sling you wrap your left arm through (If you shoot right handed) and help pull the gun into you shoulder. It makes everything real ridged and easier to control.
When I got my break barrels air guns I tried to do the same thing, and it was not working for me.
I tried with out the sling and the point of impact changed! Wow!
Archer Airguns has a youtube video on the "artillery hold" which is to keep your front hand open. Just rest the gun in it, but do not grab and pull into your shoulder. He demonstrated much better groups using artillery hold.

From my experience, there seems to be some truth to the holding method affecting how it shoots.

Top Bottom