Any Utah/Nevada/Idaho hunters here?

PredatorGuide

Reaction score
Hey all.  I'm fairly new to the board.  I'm just looking for some of my western counterparts.  Anyone here from Utah, Nevada, or Idaho?

songdog

Reaction score
SoCal here but I've hunted yotes in UT and ID.

Welcome!

PredatorGuide

Reaction score
Good to meet you songdog.  What parts of the states have you hunted?  I offer a guide service in Northern Utah, Northwestern Nevada, and Southern Idaho and have had great success in all of these areas.

songdog

Reaction score
I've hunted the southern portion of Utah from the Virgin River Gorge up to St. George a fair amount and I've also hunted Idaho from Boise north to Riggins with some good success as well.  Lots of public land which makes it nice.  Also 95% of the ranchers would love you to come out and help thin the coyote population.

(Edited by songdog at 3:49 pm on Jan. 17, 2002)

nobuckkev

Reaction score
I use to live in SLC for 4 years back in the early 90's. I would love to do a cougar hunt with you. The only place I know of there to do that wants $3000 to get one. That sounds a little steep for a cat. The fine for poaching one here is cheaper than that I think. Not that I would or anything. I want to stick one with my bow and hang it on the wall. I'll write down your email and you can send me some info. Whereabouts in northern Utah are you and where in Nevada do you take people.?

PredatorGuide

Reaction score
nobuckkev,

We do not offer any cougar hunts.  Mostly coyote, fox, and bobcat, with coyote being the preferred hunt.  We have several areas with high coyote populations, and most of our customers like to do a lot of shooting, so it seems to be the preferred animal.

The cougar hunts here are expensive.  Most of them are run with dogs, not many that I know of calling them in.  I would be happy to provide you with more information on our other hunts if you have interest.  Just drop me an email when you are ready.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom