Any Washington State Hunters Here?

1USD

Reaction score
I'm going to be hunting Washington State for the first time this year and I was wondering if there are any WA residents here that I could ask a few questions about hunting in WA?

I bought the combo tag/license for Deer/Bear/Elk/Cougar. I designated Western Archery for Elk. According to the regulations to archery hunt for deer you have to have an archery deer tag, but I was never given the option to select a hunting method when I was checking out of the online sales. Does it automatically default to modern firearms?

Can you hunt any GMU as long as it's not a special hunt? For instance, could I hunt one GMU one week and another GMU another week?

I will be heading up in August to scout for Elk. Any recommendations or advice?

Thank you.

Rob

cjack

Reaction score
Hey Rob,

Can't help you with your questions but was wondering what drew you to Washington State? I enjoy trying out new areas but some of these states have systems in place that seam more complicated or are just so different than what I'm use to that I shy away from them.

I hope you get your answers whether it be here or elsewhere, if you do please share them with us.

Best of luck......Chuck

Top Bottom