Any Woodswatcher Cam Users Out There?

woodseye

Reaction score
Just curious if there are any members out there using a woodswatcher game cam. I have been working with mine to eliminate flash bleed. Also camera positioning with solenoid seems to be critical. What kind of battery life do you get?

woodseye

Reaction score
WOW-Am I all alone? Nobody using a woodswatcher? Oh well was hoping to get some other opinions on mods. I'm doing.

davered1

Reaction score
woodseye,

got a picture of that cam? I have never heard of that one.

woodseye

Reaction score
davered1- Jesse shows them in his cam camera section at beginning of forum. just click on woodswatcher. VERY small and compact hard to see in woods.I just didn't realize nobody was using one but me. Wish it had a canonPF. I might try putting one in one of my cams.

NChunter

Reaction score
woodseye,

I just recently ordered a woodswatcher cam, havent recieved it yet.  Whats your opionion on them?  Are they good cameras? I noticed you said they have a flash bleed problem, I talked to the company and they told me if the pictures didnt turn out good they would fix it.  Whats does you mean by the postioning of the camera, does it have to be perfect or the picture wont turn out good. Does your pictures look decent?  Thankyou Nchunter

woodseye

Reaction score
Well first of all it takes great pics check any of my posts to see pic quality. They used to come with a solenoid that triggered cam,If the cam moved any the solenoid plunger wouldn't make proper contact and take pic. Hauling in back-pac dropping having a bear knock out of tree or simply taking it in and out a lot to change batteries and film could compress foam that positions cam and cause problems. I understand that they have changed now and hardwire the cam to unit. Mine are out there having this modification done. If you haven't recieved yours it will probably be the new model. The camera bleed comes if you don't have a 100 percent seal between flash and lense. Mine had a seal but needed to be thicker no big deal. A little foam weather strip will handle this. I ran 2 from late june to the end of Sept. on original batteries,once it gets cold life will come down to 6-8 weeks.The owner has been right there for any problems and to answer any questions. Quick turnaround- very small size- sleep mode when it finishes film- and strong lexan case. I use 400-800 speed film. was using fuji but seemed to get better pics with kodak versatility plus right at end of cammin season.Hope this answered your questions.

NChunter

Reaction score
woodseye,
Thankyou for answering my questions about the cam,  I cant wait to get it and try it out.  Hopefully everything will turn out good.  well thanks again
                      Nchunter

woodseye

Reaction score
Let me know how you like it and be sure to show us some pics when you get it going. gettin your film devolped is just like christmas.

NChunter

Reaction score
dekalbbasketball,

The woodswatcher cam cost $285.00,  you can go to there website and get info.  They have a phone number that you can call on there website.

NChunter

Top Bottom