Anybody Able to Answer A Dishwasher Question

Buck-eye

Reaction score
My dishwasher suddenly stopped draining water. I checked the drain hose that runs to the disposal for any clogs, but didnt see anything. I was able to suck clean water from the dishwasher out through it. The disposal looks clean too. Anyone know what my next step would be side from getting raped by a plumber?

Freedivr2

Reaction score
Getting raped by a plumber? Not a pretty picture, Buckeye....

So did you forget our hunters favorite honey-do helper already? Repairclinic.com!!!!

While handy around the house, I never had ever attempted to fix a diswasher until about 3 years ago when ours went out. I went to repairclinic.com and read up a little, was able to determine that (I think) the pump/impeller was shot due to hard water, and replaced it. Saved a ton of money and only needed a few very simple tools (pliers and screwdriver I think) to git-r-done. All I remember about that job was it cost me about $50 for a new pump/impeller, and took 1 evening to fix.

Don't shy from it, go for it. Repairclinic.com has saved me a bundle of $$$ on our oven, dishwasher, washer and dryer so far. Really is cool cause even a big dummy like me learned from their simple approach and directions. And make sure to buy parts from them, they're great all the way around IMHO.

Buck-eye

Reaction score
You sent me there in the past and I totally blanked on it. Well not this time. I am putting it in my fav's and it will stay put. The 'diver comes through one mo gen. Thanks Bro- I appreciate it. If I flood the house, expect to see some houselhold items on Craigslist the next day!

Marty

Reaction score
Yes, should be the drain pump.
I was going to replace one myself, but the wife did not want to wait for parts. The local serviceman had one, and put it in. All was fine until I heard him say: "cross you fingers and hope it doesn't leak." What???? The moron didn't even want to bother with checking the line connections before he was turning on the water.

Freedivr2

Reaction score
We got yer back here, BE............Good luck with the fix-it.........

P.S. Whatever you do, don't even think of suggesting any Plan B to Mrs. Buckeye... unless its a new washer I guess.......

scottymack

Reaction score
The wife spends 35.00 a month for merican Home Shield, we had problems with the fridge 40.00 deductable, got a new icemaker and new doors installed. The drain hose came off the washer right after Christmas, they had a crew out the next day to dry the house out only cost 40.00.

sportyg

Reaction score
Buck-eye do you have home owners inssurance.. if so a little c-4 works wonders = new home new dish washer heck new everything..

Coues

Reaction score
Well, I'm not a plumber, but I've laid some pipe.

Tank

Reaction score
Chuck N. Lead will be able to help you. Send him a message.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom