Anybody else get the survey from DFG?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I received a hunter survey in the mail several weeks ago. Basically DFG wanted to know how many days I hunted, game taken and what county. They had codes for big game, varmints, waterfowl and upland game.

The one page survey said on the back the results would be available in July 2001.

Yes, I did tell the truth, even though I had an off year for just about everything.

Anyone else get a survey?

Marty

Reaction score
Nope.  

p.s.  I'll take your 'off' year any day over mine.

tommyo

Reaction score
I just returned mine also.  It was perhaps the third survey in 5 years for me.  Reviewing it reminds me how pathetic my pheasant take has been  over that time.  i sure don't know what can be done about reviving the pheasant population - any thoughts??

Jay

Reaction score
Need that fallow ground for good pheasant numbers. Edges and corners left uncut will do the trick but the economics are against it. Farmers plow to the edge of the road which leaves nothing for the birds. In the winter you can drive for miles through the valley and not find a stitch of cover.

rusman66

Reaction score
yeah I got the survey,and after filling it out  I am realizing how lucky I am to be able to go to the store and BUY meat!

D

Desert Duck

Personally, I've not seen this particular survey that you've mentioned here, yet I have been voluntarily involved in the California Dept. of Fish and Game (in conjunction with the USFWS) waterfowl surveys in the past. I had to send in one wing of every duck and goose I took for a couple of seasons. Although I honestly felt that I should have been paid a bioligists wages for my efforts, I still think that I've helped all hunters out in some infintisimal way. I feel that the data wich they collected will ultimately help the hunter and the hunted. Don't you agree?

Top Bottom