Anybody got a cam for sale???

Coal30

Reaction score
There very easy to make you should Try it First

TradHunter

Reaction score
There was a guy here in SC making them, HawkinsOutdoors, from military ammo cams with welded chains and camo paint.  I have looked at his page and not working...and cannot find anything on him anymore.  I too am looking for one to use this season before I try to make my own next winter when I am between seasons.  If anyone has one for sale let me know also...or a contact.  If not looks like the Moultrie for me since it is the cheapest I can find in Cabela's...Great site though...just wish I was mechanically inclined for the DIY stuff...but I could &^%$ a wet dream...

Arrowhead

Reaction score
TradHunter >> If you check Jesse's Info on cams you'll see a cheaper price for the Moultrie than Cabela's. I was thinking about going that route but ended up making my own. Jesse wired the first cam for me and I did all the rest. Currently working on #3.

Good Luck.

Possum

Reaction score
Guys, It is really not that hard.  For what you will buy one for, you can make 2-3.  The first took me about 10 hours to complete (I was trying to do something more than the diagrams showed- experimenting).  The second took 4 hours.  The wife left with the children one afternoon and I went to work on it.  If you get the supplies before you start it should not take that long.  You can do it.

grtwythunter

Reaction score
I second what possum says! Up until 3 weeks ago I had never soldered anything in my life. Now I have 1 cam in the field and another under construction. Those circuit boards look very intimidating. I got over this by finding some junkers(try a tv repair shop) and practicing until I felt comfortable. Follow the instructions on Jesse's site EXACTLY. If you run into trouble post your question-These guys RULE!!   Scott

Ky Kowboy

Reaction score
I am currently making these cameras to sale.  After I started telling my friends about them they sold me on the idea to make and sell.  This hobby is just about as addicting as hunting.  I use a Pelican 1150 box, two 6volt lantern batteries wired in parallel, a ms20 sensor, a red walk-test light and, a Cannon Sure Shot PF Date. First Pics have turned out great, but did have some misfires.  Will try correcting this with some tape on the sensor.

bowbender

Reaction score
KY KOWBOY WHAT PART OF KY YOU FROM?THERE ARE SEVERAL GOOD OL KY BOYS USING THIS BOARD!IM FROM IRVINE, KY

Ky Kowboy

Reaction score
I live in Glasgow.  This is the coolest site on the net.  Good to know there are some ol' hillbillies around here.

Top Bottom