Anybodys Cam ever Disappear?

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
This is my first post in this part of the board, hey all.

I really want to buy one and put it out but that is my one concern somebody stealing it. This happen to anyone? Just sounds like a pretty expensive mistake to me (not hiding it good enough)

The land I would put it on is my familys private land but I cant help but think if anybody stumbled upon it they would take it. Besides putting it in a really hidden location and putting camo on it what can I do to prevent it? Is it a common thing to happen?

MIBowhunter

Reaction score
They do come up missing, Go buy a python bicycle lock and use that. That should be all you need.

MIB

jayber

Reaction score
One has to ask themselves if they're willing to take the risk whether they plan on locking it up or not. Afterall, if a person wants it bad enough they'll find a way. And if they can't steal it, they may decide to destroy it. Now, I'm not trying to scare you out of investing on one, but these can be the harsh realities. Thankfully, I haven't had anything bad happen to the 40+ units that I've built to date.

thehunter

Reaction score
Unfortunately they do come up missing. One of the forum members Ohiobowhunter had 5 cams stolen at one time.

Locks help, camo makes them harder to find during the day but a flash at night or late in the afternoon is hard to hide.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
I remember that day Only far to well... Walking into the woods with sheer excitement to check my cams and see if I had captured any Pics of a Good Buck I was after.

My excitement turned quickly to panic. I recall second guessing myself as to where I placed them. I do move them around alot, But it was nothing more than wishful thinking. But I was dumb and negligent, I was not locking them up. it was Private property and I was foolish for taking that for granted.

I have 12 cams out rite now and there all locked. I am also using the python locks. If they get them again there gonna work for them. Im also alot more schrewed on placement and concealment and tell Noone there there other than the landowner.

It was an expensive lesson, But one I will never forget. It took the wind out of my sails for some time, but I am rite back in the thick of it. If you build or buy a cam, Just lock it up. dont take anything for granted. just strapping it to a tree is very tempting. But having to really work to get it. that will deter 99% of the would be thefts I feel. At least I hope so.

Good Luck, Dan

Minnesota bear

Reaction score
Talked to my insuance agent said home owns might cover but not till deductable is met can get a rider with no deductable for 30-40 bucks a year must lock though

Norcalihunter

Reaction score
Thank you all guys for your replys!!!! I appreciate all your help!

I will be getting one just dont know when, but I'll forsure use the locks like you guys are talking about.

Thanks everyone!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom