ANYONE DOVE HUNTING NEAR BAKERSFIELD

lxtrail

Reaction score
I HAVE LIVED IN BAKERSFIELD MOST MY LIFE EXCEPT THE LAST 7 YEARS I HAVE BEEN INE THE MARINES AND NOW I AM A FIREFIGHTER UP IN THE LAKE TAHOE AREA. I AM LOOKING IF THERE IS ANY ONE THAT HAS SEEN ANY GOOD SPOT THAT ARE NOT PRIVATE OR IF THEY ARE, IF THERE IS A CHANCE THAT I CAN ASK FOR PERMISSON TO HUNT. I LOVE TO HUNT DOVE JUST DONT HAVE ANYONE WHO I KNOW ANYMORE. WELL ANY HELP AND I WILL BE GREATFUL
THANKS AND GOOD LUCK IN THE FIELD!!

wetobasura

Reaction score
Havent been to bakersfield but was going to Porterville for a few years. Most of the fields up there are posted no hunting now so I kinda moved on.

-weto

lxtrail

Reaction score
THANKS FORTHE HELP YOU GOT ANY OTHER PLACES, YOU GONNA BE UP THAT WAY ON THE 1ST

wetobasura

Reaction score
nah ill be on the other side of the sierras near bishop/independence.

mnaka

Reaction score
wetobasura

I'll be in the same area week after opener. Never hunted birds only rabbits and fished. Could you point me to some areas near Bishop. I'd appreciate the info.

wetobasura

Reaction score
I'd love to if i could. I don't really have any "spot" to go up there. I just kinda roam around just north of independence and see what i can kick up.

-weto

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
lxtrail,

Welcome to Jesse's

Thanks for serving our country

There are tons of places to hunt around Bakersfield, the key is scouting, you gotta take a day and crusie around with binos and your map/GPS. Look around citrus groves, vineyards and water.

Last year, I shot several limits of doves in a field near the aqueduct, I followed a pair of doves for a few miles in my truck, they brought me to a field that was jugged with birds, right place right time!

lxtrail

Reaction score
i was just wondering if any of you guys have seen any dove flyin around the groves out there i wont have time to scout hopefully i can get some inside knowledge from some of my friends back home. none of them have the imagination to come up with some illness on the 31st at about 4 pm it just boggles my mind maybe i can give them some lesson for next year.
nce again thanks guys for all you imput
glad to be part of JHO
Good luck in the field

FresnoHunter

Reaction score
Yea I think I feel a sore throat coming around the 31st, oh wait maybe pink eye!

bloodsports

Reaction score
Yep what KID said!! Ill be up there on the 1. Its looks real good right now, found several fields holding a ton of birds.

Yes the orchards are loaded with birds but most are posted. The Chevron fields are holding some birds also..

jmabbott888

Reaction score
I'll be hunting off 65 & Lerdo if Ponsetta Ranch don't work out south of town. If anyone wants to get together for the 1st let me know. Email is jmabbott888@aol.com

Top Bottom