Anyone Elk hunted wilderness Unlimited?

Killzone

Reaction score
I am looking into wilderness Unlimited for hunting hogs and elk, they claim to have multiple ranches adjoining Tejon and many in Oregon for elk. SO does anyone have advice from their recent or otherwisw experiences?? Thanks

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
The name has popped up around here over the years. I researched them last year.
Their website has little info.

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
I almost joined a few years ago. They come to your house and check you out (which is a good thing!). The fees were over a $1000/year (+4 years ago) and you were only allowed 2 hogs per year so I decided not to join. I remember seeing some ranches around the areas I wanted to hunt, but only a few allowed hunting for big game (+4 years ago). Now that I gotten into fly fishing I’m thinking about joining again. It’s a great way just to get off public land even if it’s just for fishing.

Good luck on Elk hunting in CA. I have never met a person that drew a tag (I know it happens, I just don’t know anyone). I switch to putting in for cow tags 3 years ago, I have max points, and I still can’t get drawn.

If you find out the price of joining – please post it.

Killzone

Reaction score
Even the office does not have the info. Have a call placed to Eric Pteresen who supposededly knows, hes with them. no return call yet, what about hog hunting experiences??? anyone???

My contact said its $1,395 per year, with a sign up fee of about 1,200. If u can only take 2 hogs a year im not excited about that, but i will try to find out.

The Elk hunting is in Oregon,

bpnclark

Banned
Reaction score
That’s a pretty big sign up fee. The two hog limit was the reason I did not sign up. It was cheaper (back then) to go on three guided hog hunts then it was to join. They must have some more ranches now because I did not see any Oregon.

So $2600 to join? It might be worth it if they have more ranches to hunt.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
As far as pigs are concerned you probably can do better elsewhere. Tejon?
As far as Elk are concerned.
Their website does not show any pics of success.
It's seems attractive in a way, but I'll stick to public ground and guided if the need arises.

bobby7321

Reaction score
the elk hunting is via WU Oregon. If your a CA member it doesn't mean you have access to the oregon properties included in the membership, its like $750 for access to the oregon elk ranches. pretty ridic if you ask me.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
I would look elsewhere. OTC Elk in Colorado.
A good drop camp for Elk from Del Sol in Oregon.
As far as Hogs. The Tejon Ranch is a bargain as well as guides around Coalinga and King City.
Hollister.
Their website is not very well maintained nor administered.
It tells me nothing.

Top Bottom