Anyone ever considered a California huntiing boycot?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Ever sat back and wondered what can be done to stop or reverse this anti California hunting mentallity California goverment has?
I have lately and the best I could com up with was to run for govenor of California Then I could personnaly fix the problems or put great efforts into doing so. But then i woke up and LMAO.
But I do then if an organized boycot of the purchase of hunting license and Tags for a couple of years, Yes yes I hear you. no way in hell could you get the hunters to band together in strong enough numbers for it to be effective ?
Lets prove or disprove this therory :
Would you not hunt in California for two years, to get things changed?

Moskinyca

Reaction score
I think would think of this theory in this way compared to a restaurant that large group of it customers do no like the changes the management has been making. If they got a large enough group of the customers that eat at this restaurant to stop eating at this place. What would happen, if the business dose not return in time the doors close.... Groups that are anti-hunting could use the boycott as an opportunity to insert more restrictions and the doors to hunting in CA would closed... Just a theory. I'm not a California resident anymore but do go back to hunt with my good friends, have no problem with 2 year siesta but see it possibly having other outcomes

P304X4

Reaction score
Just wondering........if the boycott were effective what would be the projected loss in revenue? As far as game over population is concerned....what would be the impact and wouldn't the state hire professional hunters to help relieve any problems? I'm sure farmers and ranchers would be among the first to be impacted.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
The best option would be to split the state based upon urban and rural lines. Let the urbanites vote for what is best for themselves and the rural portions likewise . If we split the state , the hunting areas in rural counties would return to a common sense approach to hunting and management .

Join the New California Movement !

https://www.newcaliforniastate.com/

When viewing the proposed map , please read about its description . Some counties would be split based upon population densities. There would be two contiguous states. This split proposal would solve a plethora of issues, not just hunting.

BOW

Brnsvllyjohn

Reaction score
Boycotting a private business can work. The owners lose money and they can and will change. California Fish and Game Commission really doesn't care if you hunt or not. IMHO The Wardens and Biologist do care but they don't make policy. The appointed commissioners, legislators and/or the general public with their votes made some of the poorer decisions. Remember the mountain lion protection or the no dogs for bear hunting were issues that the biologists opposed. If you stop hunting that might be what the commissioners and the politicians want.

canamrider07

Reaction score
A hunting boycott in California would be like a restaurant closing it's doors and protesting their customers. You also would be hero's to all the anti-hunting groups.

Frank X. Morris

Reaction score
Howdy All,
No money, No hunting. Government closes all areas to hunting because they have nobody to manage it. Any fisherman out there want to protest?.......... Boy does the Government have a deal for you.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
That was the Black side to my thought Frank
All ready complaining about not enough money to maintain the roads, a boycot could give them enought we are out of money to close the Forest. Could they Yes would They most likely not ?

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
So the boycot Kicks in and for once all the hunters band together, IT IS A HUGE SUCESS, State of California Loses Millions of revenue !
What do you think the next senario would be ?
California offers incentives to Hunters, Licenses and Tags Costs reduced?
California Fish and WildlfeTrpples Hunting and Fishing Licenses, permits and Tags
State Parks and National Forests Close to public access, while State of California Enacting Forest usage Permits
PETA Celibrates as State Parks and National forest are closed to all public access, PETA Chairman states its about time we return the forest to the rightful owners

Last edited:

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Reaction score
I don't hunt in California, I don't know anyone who does; hell, I've never even BEEN to California, but I'll say this much about hunters in general. There are enough out there that have a me, me, me attitude that it would never fly. Georgia has a 4 point rule for your second buck (must have at least 4 points one inch long or greater on one side) and several counties are QDM with varying rules (they are either 15" spread, which is hard to judge, or 4 points on one side, which is much easier). Not only do hunters routinely blow off tags or the limit of two bucks, but it's almost impossible to keep them from killing spikes and other young bucks. My point is that if you were to organize a boycott, there are enough hunters that would think "Hey, all the better chances for me to score!" and forge right ahead. It would have to be state wide, and exclusive; it'll never happen ...

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
The best option would be to split the state based upon urban and rural lines. Let the urbanites vote for what is best for themselves and the rural portions likewise . If we split the state , the hunting areas in rural counties would return to a common sense approach to hunting and management .

Join the New California Movement !

https://www.newcaliforniastate.com/

When viewing the proposed map , please read about its description . Some counties would be split based upon population densities. There would be two contiguous states. This split proposal would solve a plethora of issues, not just hunting.

BOW
I'm all for it, however the last Initiative was shot down by and Environmental Group. That group's leadership also does consulting for major oil companies in this State. That set a bad precedent for the Initiative process, so it will definitely be hard to do.

Stevehazard

Reaction score
I would not because I think it would hurt instead of help. We need to get more people out there enjoying the outdoors not less. I think one of the biggest problems is just how poorly managed some of our forests and public lands are. Access sucks. Many places are either overgrown or roasted to nothing because they were allowed to become overgrown and then caught fire. Our public lands are not of the quality they should be and the result is less people visit a lot of places and we end up with less people caring and less people working the lands in a positive way. The problem is much bigger then just hunting.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
Belch Fire:
Thank you for that wonderful description of Georgia Hunters, But California Hunters are a whole different Animal ! Honest and true to a fault, concerned and helpfull they will never leave a man with to much to Carry. They respect the Forest and all that resides in it and Most importantly They can spread a line of bull long and thick with out cracking a smile or giving a blink.

P304X4

Reaction score
"They can spread a line of bull long and thick with out cracking a smile or giving a blink."

Except for the San Franciscans when tghe bend over. :mooning:

eoats

Reaction score
You got me curious.

https://nrm.dfg.ca.gov/FileHandler.ashx?DocumentID=154895&inline

"Hunting and sport fishing licenses generated about $91 million in revenue in the 2016License Year. This includes revenue from specific tags or stamps that hunters and anglersmay purchase, the proceeds of which are deposited into dedicated accounts."

$91 million of our licenses & tags goes into the $609 million budget of CDFW.

OPAH

Banned
Reaction score
One 6th of their Budget ? Not exactly Put of out of Business Dollars, But it still is going to hurt dollars

chavarriamj

Reaction score
Will never work ! The state government run my the dem's and liberals would love that if we boycotted hunting. They control everything and don't care if the state goes bankrupt. They would love for us outdoors/hunter type people to do just that. Companies and people are leaving this state left and right due to the over taxing and the cost of living. Splitting the state will never happen and I'd be for that, but the Dem's wouldn't want to loose all there power in Cali in the electoral college which would happen if splitting the state up into different states passed as a bill. Further more it not only has to be voted on my California citizens but also has to have a majority vote my the US Congress. We are screwed. I thinking of moving to Idaho.
Mj

Top Bottom