Anyone ever shoot at 5 dogs range in Kern County ?

270shooter

Reaction score
I would like to go to this range to do some long range target practice for my Elk hunt this year. I have heard rumors that this range has metal silhouettes out at 500 yards. Anyone ever shot here ?

KTKT70

Reaction score
Yes. It is a top notch range. My dad used to take the USMC branch from here to train up at 5 dogs. There was a special range that they would shoot a van with the 50cal from 1300 yards.

The range is owned by a local family. They will take good care of you. Have fun up there and be safe as always.

Big JJ

Reaction score
Yes everything ktkt70 said above is spot on and the prices are very reasonable.
However you are closer to Rankin field in Tulare and it is a nicer ranger with the same type of prices.
The big advantage at 5 dogs is the rifle range out to 500 yes.
Rankin is only a 100 yard range but all of there gun ranges have metal shade covers.

270shooter

Reaction score
I have been to Rankin field and I am definitely not a fan of the range or their staff. Range only goes up to 100 yards and shooting benches are horrible.

MooreTitan

Reaction score
If you are planning on five dogs go early and during the week if possible. The closer you get to deer season and weekends the worst five dogs becomes. To many people coming in late and wanting to set up targets slowing the whole range down.

KTKT70

Reaction score
I am looking to get in a bunch of range time before October. Any of you guys going to 5 dogs?? I also have access to a private range in bear valley if anybody wants to try it out.

Top Bottom