Anyone fish Legg Lake

Brian S

Reaction score
I know this place is kind of questionable and you may not be able to eat the fish. Do any of you fish there. I've taken my kids to feed the freaky looking geese and have always seen people fishing there. When I was a kid I went there and didn't catch crap, but we did a nice bass being pulled out. If you do, any tips on what works there, and what part of the lake.
Thanks
Brian

MNHNTR

Reaction score
I started going there in 1969 with my 2 brothers. We would ride our bicycles with rods strapped on and fish the long cement pier on the east side.  We used to catch lots of bluegill and then as our experience grew we would catch trout.  As years passed we would fish for the bass.I have not fished there in about 3 or 4 years. We used to use plastics for the bass. Good luck and watch out for gangsters.........

shaginator

Reaction score
This was probably more than 20 years ago, but my dad and I used to go there when we didn't have time to go anywhere else. Caught lots of bluegill and catfish if I remember correctly.

Don't remember eating anything from that lake. I do remember my dad giving fish away to those who asked, and the rangers there would tell us to leave the bluegill out because of what they did to the bass population. As for water quality, I'd contact the county parks department or state DFG to make double-dare sure its okay to eat the fish there.

I also remember us scouting the SG "river"... just a bit east of there maybe 5-10 miles. We saw a couple of Vietnamese geezers fishing for carp with homemade barley bait.

My folks are still in that area and when I visit, it does not look that great, esp. with "gangstas" milling around the parking lots.

I notice that the skeet/trap range by the freeway is still in use. Good to know. May have to shoot off a box of shells the next time I'm out there.

(Edited by shaginator at 6:01 pm on Feb. 6, 2002)

Advertisement

Top Bottom