Anyone fishing these days?

andrew

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is fishing for warmwater species(bass, catfish, panfish, carp) since its cold out? How are you catching them?

Fubar

Reaction score
andrew I think most of the freshwater fishing right now is either trout or stripers. They are getting trout just about everywhere they are planting them and stripers are biting at Castaic(when they plant trout) and Skinner. I havnt heard of any Bass or other warm water fish biting yet at Cachuma. If they do bite(usually on an aproaching low pressure systrm) they get them deeper. Deep caught Bass are harder to release because of the change in the water pressure when you bring them up.              Fubar

jackrabbit

Reaction score
Hey Andrew, this is the last month of hunting for a lot of species, including for me, quail, tree squirrel, and cottontail rabbit.  But believe me, after January I'll be futiley hunting wild pig on public land, but I'll be carrying my trout pole for fishing the lakes, my 4x4 will be loaded with catfish gear, my boat will be cleaned and prepped for winter/spring bass; and I will be asking Hronk for scouting reports of the Eastern Sierra ice-out conditions.  But of course the SoCal folks will have the ocean and the reservoirs nice and warm for good fishin'.  Nevertheless, this topic has always gotten light attention on the forum.  Nice to know there is another guy out there that likes fishin' year round.  Good luck.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom