• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Anyone here from the old days?

Wow super congrats on your firstborn! Between your busy day schedule who gets up for the baby in the middle of the night.....lol when they start teething that’s when u want to move out.....lol, was a single parent myself I had full solo custody and raised my son from the time he was 2-16 with no child support, no government assistance and no relatives to help out and he turned out to b a great kid with a little bad boy in him like his dad.....lol at least I can say I spent quality time with him while raising him with no regress’s, I know he has my genes he is now a single parent himself and raising my grandson on his own and I know he’s a great dad too now, I feel very lucky and proud to have a son like him and the way he turned out. Enjoy them while they r home growing up u only get that chance once because once they leave home and r on their own time spent together changes. It’s great to hear from u and really hope I can make a road trip up to Gainesville to hang out with u someday my friend, have a great day!.....tra

Wow, firstborn at 38!

I got married as soon as I turned 18. Had first one at 21 and last one at 23. At 41 I was an empty nester.

Financial it probably was not too smart. I never could afford the elk trip I always dreamed of, but I took my son over to the coast range and let him start filling my deer tags when he was ten. At 12 he started filling both of our tags, and them little 75 pound sporks were better than a big old royal elk.

I was still young enough to take the grandkids hunting. And leading my oldest to his first buck was great.

Last week I spent three days in the eastern Sierras at 9,000 feet with my son and his two boys, and could still almost keep up with them.

Life is good. Enjoy that little one Bullfrog.

P304X4

Congrats to you Bullfrog enjoy her while you can. My youngest grandchild turned fifteen this year, they grow up way to fast.

spectr17

Administrator
Good to hear from the old crew. Im working with someone one getting this forum back up and running right so bare with us. Were still looking at what needs to be fixed and how to do it so things should start happening in the next week or so. If you have any desires or wants not is the time to speak up. We'll look over all the suggestions and see if we can implement any of them.Thanks

cjack

Looking forward to any upgrades! I hope it renews the interest and participation of times past. Thanks again for your commitment and dedication to providing a voice to the outdoor community.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JohnCo

That's awesome Jesse! Could always slim it down and take out some threads that haven't been used in a few years.

For what it's worth I do like reading the annual deer success threads that used to get stickied to the top of the page every year.

It's cool how often I'll search the internet for some hunting info and Jesse's old threads will pop up quite often.

That's awesome Jesse! Could always slim it down and take out some threads that haven't been used in a few years.

It's cool how often I'll search the internet for some hunting info and Jesse's old threads will pop up quite often.
X2 ........ BOW

TheGDog

They killed it off when they started doing all that stuff to shift more of the reponsibilities related to posting photos onto the users shoulders because they obviously didn't want to have to pay for the storage space and bandwidth numbers. That's pretty much when everybody was like "Bump that noise!" and posts dropped way off. Then your photobuckets started also getting big for their britches and wanting to charge. Those two events together signalled the death moan of this place. My $.02

cjack

I'm confused..... I've never seen a change to the way photos are posted or have ever been asked to pay for anything. The way I see it the way photos are posted and stored remained the same since 2011 when I started hunting and joined JHO. Still learn a lot from the site and enjoy the stories.

cjack

That could be it, as expensive as the licenses are getting. Between my hunting, fishing, trapping licenses and tags, I’m paying almost 300 a year. Most guys I talk to would rather hunt out of state now.
I prefer to hunt out of state and only hunt here out of convenience, don't ever expect great results.

BIGCIM

That could be it, as expensive as the licenses are getting. Between my hunting, fishing, trapping licenses and tags, I’m paying almost 300 a year. Most guys I talk to would rather hunt out of state now.
You're getting off cheap! Stay away from duck hunting lol

I'm confused..... I've never seen a change to the way photos are posted or have ever been asked to pay for anything. The way I see it the way photos are posted and stored remained the same since 2011 when I started hunting and joined JHO. Still learn a lot from the site and enjoy the stories.
Posting photos has changed recently, the file size allowed has shrunk. I can no longer post a picture from my phone. I used to post picture while hunting. Even my normal game cam pics are to big to post now. Posting a picture is a given if you want an active sight. Excuses, posting recipes, bickering, on a hunting forum is a sure kill. Like me hunting hogs...

Top Bottom