• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Anyone here from the old days?

cjack

I'm confused..... I've never seen a change to the way photos are posted or have ever been asked to pay for anything. The way I see it the way photos are posted and stored remained the same since 2011 when I started hunting and joined JHO. Still learn a lot from the site and enjoy the stories.[/QUOTE

Posting photos has changed recently, the file size allowed has shrunk. I can no longer post a picture from my phone. I used to post picture while hunting. Even my normal game cam pics are to big to post now. Posting a picture is a given if you want an active sight. Excuses, posting recipes, bickering, on a hunting forum is a sure kill. Like me hunting hogs...
Ahhh.... good point, I do have to resize my photos now that I think about it, never had to in the past. It's kind of a pain!

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
They killed it off when they started doing all that stuff to shift more of the reponsibilities related to posting photos onto the users shoulders because they obviously didn't want to have to pay for the storage space and bandwidth numbers. That's pretty much when everybody was like "Bump that noise!" and posts dropped way off. Then your photobuckets started also getting big for their britches and wanting to charge. Those two events together signalled the death moan of this place. My $.02
This is hilarious. Paying for storage of pics has never been an issue, where did you get that nonsense? Maybe you didnt get the memo but server space is pretty cheap now, you can get a decent server and space for $50 a month now.

Maybe you should take your balloon juice somewhere else.

sportyg

Been a few years since I've been here, plan on dropping in more often now that I'm back on as of today.

cc93cruiser

I always check in during deer hunting.. Finally will get out to the d6 high country tuesday-thursday.. Will report back.. Been years since I got one......

Top Bottom