Anyone hunt with Todd Renz @ Bucks, Boars, and Birds?

ksberry209

Reaction score
I am trying to plan a hog hunt next spring and just looking for some info on this guide / place. Has anyone ever hunted at this lodge? Seem a little expensive for a hog hunt but if it is worth it I don't mind paying to play. Website seems pretty legit but I now there are folks in CA that charge a lot of money for hog hunts and have nearly zero hogs on their property. website is www.bucksboarsandbirds.com

HOGS&BUCKS

Reaction score
I have been fortunate to hunt here a couple times...the place is amazing. I think they have access to around 160,000 acres, so the place is huge and crawling with game. I didnt get to go there this year, but i was there last deer season and you will have no problem finding pigs...i would actually say you can be pretty picky as to what pig you want to shoot because there are tons. I have only stayed in their new lodges and they are extremely nice. This is a top notch professional guide service...expensive but you wont be let down.

ksberry209

Reaction score
Please tell me they do not hunt over dogs. Last year a group of my buddies went on a hunt like this and when we got there they had a truck full of dogs to bay the pigs. It sucked and in my opinion wasn't hunting. It was riding in a ATV chasing dogs and shooting a pig at maybe 25-30 feet. Sorry to offend anyone but I don't call that hunting that is straight killing. I guess it would be ok if you needed to fill a freezer but not when you pay a "guide" over $1000 for a hog "hunt"

Hey just my opinion and if you hunt with dogs to each their own. I understand people love their dogs and I think half of it is to use their dogs but when you pay an outfit a bunch of money to take you out I think they can do a little more than spend 30 mins driving you around chasing dogs.

HOGS&BUCKS

Reaction score
Hey ksberry209 PM sent, let me know if you received it as it is not in my sent box

KTKT70

Reaction score
What is the hog fees? I hate a web site that makes you request a price. That's a way to get all my info and be able to bug me later if they want. Put your price on your site so everyone can see it. Tell me what they said about price and what you get. I'm m about to do a big fun hog hunt. My hunt is in November. The outfitters have access to over 200k acres. The only other place I have found with that much land is Tejon. But they will charge you double what I am paying to hunt with the other guys.

I will get you more info after I see the price for those guys. I also wouldn't suggest not going to Tejon right now. I talked to a guide today. He said the elk have been good, but the hogs are gone. Said a few are in the far of tucked away spots, but the numbers are way down right now.

Wild1

Reaction score
".......I hate a web site that makes you request a price." X 1000

I don' hunt with guides, but can't stand anything on the web without a cost/price listed!!!!

Heard good things about his operation, also heard it was expensive.

HOGS&BUCKS

Reaction score
Dont quote me on this but i know these figures were pretty accurate a couple years ago. $800-$1000 standard price for a hog, i forget which one. Then if you get one with 3" or more tusks, which i have seen many, it's $1,500 i believe. Not cheap at all, but this is a first class operation no doubt. Check out the pics on their website/facebook, WOW some monster hogs there...

KTKT70

Reaction score
Ouch. So they are over priced and have a trophy fee. Lots of other options and price range. Kind of like something for everyone somewhere.

Top Bottom