Anyone hunting tomorrow's Trifecta

Limited Out

With three seasons open tomorrow what's not to like about it? Headed for the I.V. tomorrow in the am, hitting one of my Quail hot spots on the way first thing. Then on to a couple of ponds that usually hold some Ducks. If that doesn't work out I can always shoot some Euros. Might throw the Bass pole in the truck as well.

imperial valley hunter

Good Luck Sir.
I'll be out trying to get me a bobcat early morning... then switch over to quail and maybe even jump shoot some duck.

Hey guys... don't hurt to comment real quick, let's keep the forum alive!!

Limited Out

Yesterday went in complete reverse of what I had planned. I left an hour to early. I chalked this up to an attempt at conditioning for waterfowl season. Anyway I got to the Quail Hot Spot an hour before shoot time. So decided, not to stop and use this time to drive another hour south to the ponds that I hoped would be holding some ducks. I got a little side tracked checking out a Euro Hot Spot I hadn't scouted in awhile en route. I got to the ponds right after sun up. Full of Teal with other birds working the area. Three shots and two birds hit the deck. A Green wing and a Blue wing. Reloaded, an one more Green Wing does a lap and comes right back in. One more into the tulles. The dog retrieved the first two, but could not find the last one. Jump shooting at it's finest. Headed for my favorite Euro spot, shot a dozen Euros and fished with my shotgun slung over shoulder. One more Euro stop and headed northward home. Stopped at the Quail spot around 2 pm not a bird in sight. Lots of tracks everywhere. No fish! Choot Em'

imperial valley hunter

Sounds like a good day Limited Out.
My day started late, slept in with the kiddos till 7ish. Got the gear loaded up, ammo all non lead. Went to my bobcat spot but the field next to it had air canons going wtf. Decided to switch to quail, saw a covey and I put a sneak on them... of course 1 quail spotted me and did the whole warning scandal. I had to rush them and as they flushed I dropped 2 outta 3 shots I took. No dog so I had to keep a good eye on where they dropped so I wouldn’t lose them.
Saw a few more quail about 50 yards away so I drove over got off loaded up and walked up to brush and about 8 flushed out.. 2 more down with 3 shotsCEE7A22A-D385-4BD3-BFD2-A8684586A987.jpeg... 1 was just winged and it went into a crack in drain ditch and I never found it.
Didn’t jump ducks, called it a morning. Wifey texted breakfast was ready. All happened within 15 minutes from home.

Top Bottom