Anyone in Atlanta, Ga?

ICS Hunter

Reaction score
Hey.  I was wondering if any of you were in the Atlanta, Ga area that has built these cameras before, that maybe if there were some questions in assembly I could ask or obtain assistance from.  Just checking.  Thanks.

One Shot

Reaction score
ICS Hunter

I'm out in Monroe, GA.

I built 4 cameras using jesse's plans and all 4 worked great.  The first was was a prototype I made for brother-n-law so we could find out what set up works and what doesn't.  The 2cd & 3rd where Christmas gifts this past year to brother-n-law and a friend.  I just finished the forth one for me last month.

Our lease is in south GA near Sandersville and last week I pulled my 4th roll out of my prototype and finaly had deer on film instead of swaying trees & rabbits.  The first 3 rolls were all trees swaying in the wind, me walking from the cam setup & 2 rabbits.  I got 23 pictures of does and 2 pictures of shootable 8 pointer on that 4th roll.  I have sent the best picture of the buck to GON's Spy Photo section w/ camera credits to jesseshuntingpage.com.  With a little luck it will be published.

Of those 23 pictures of does I got 4 different does.  I have 10 shots of one doe sloooowly crusing by my cam.  That has prompted me to pursue making our buying a timer for my 4th cam & prototype.

Write back and I'll give you my 2 cents.

All 4 cams were made w/
Canon Owl PF Date back
Pelican 1120
Wall-Mart MS20
Radio Shack; LED, on/off switch, on/off/on switch, solenoid, silicon switch covers
Batteries Plus 12v NiCad battery and 12v charger

Good Ole Boy

Reaction score
Cool we hunt near Shady Dale. These guys on the board are great and will help you in any way they can. We have good many Georgia boys on this board.

Good luck and let me know how I can help.

u turned em

Reaction score
As said, I'm in Big Chicken territory.  I got everything from RS, WalMart, Home Depot, and Wolf Camera.  I don't think I've spent over $100, although I have not done an official tally.  The electronics were easier than I anticipated, and the rest has been a fun "customize as you go" project.  Again, good luck.

vinnie

Reaction score
Hey ICS, I live in Bremen and work in downtown Atlanta. I have made seven of these cameras.  Four with the Owl pf and three with the Polariod 2400ff.  If I can assist you in any way, just let me know!

hamiltoe

Reaction score
ICS Hunter,
I also live in the Atlanta area...Powder Springs.  Email me if you want to.

LAKOTA

Reaction score
Hey Vinnie,

I'm from Bremen also. I'd like to talk with you about the cameras. I've been thinking about building one with the OWL PF for a while.

Email me at tradnwheelz@yahoo.com

bat

Reaction score
Hey ICS Hunter, good to see we have a lot of good ole Ga. boys on here.  I am a lot further "South" than One Shot though, about 150-160 miles south of Atlanta.  Just funning One Shot.  If we can help any of you let us know.  If we can't there are a humpteen other ones in here in the other states that are the best at what they do.  We don't thank them enought.....THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP!  bat

One Shot

Reaction score
    Any of you GA boys gotten your "Home Brew" pictures in GON?  
    I just mailed a couple of pix of a nice 8 pointer to them with before & after 'Photo Shop' versions.  The after has the buck with a few extra pounds and a huge 8 point rack.  
    You just gotta keep the guys in the club wound up.
    And yes I did give credit to Jesse's website & Home Brew. Without this website I would have spent twice the money for one camera.  Like Bat said THANKS GUYS FOR THE GREAT HELP!

ICS Hunter

Reaction score
Cool, it's good to see a lot of "locals' on here.  I live in the Madison area and hunt around in Morgan county a good bit as well as in Talbot County.  I am really looking forward to finishing this project and getting it in the woods for use.  

One Shot:  What do you think caused all the false triggers with your swaying trees and rabbit pictures?  Is there a way to fine tune it for false alarm elimination?

Hamiltoe:  You're in Powder Springs?  I grew up there and lived there until about 5 years ago.  It's a small world.  

Thanks alot everyone for your info and offers of help.  I hope to utilize it if necessary.  

One Shot

Reaction score
ICS,

I figure the tree pix are because the sun reflecting of the pine needles & leaves activated the IR and the swaying trees are tripping the movement end of the PIR.  And well the rabbit was just in the right place to trip the PIR.  To prevent the false trips I'm just being more careful how I aim the camera.  I also narrowed the IR sensor window to 3/4" wide with paint on 1 cam and tape on the other.

Check out this months GON of the luckless rabbit.  Two nights to play in the bait pile & the 3rd night he got nabbed by an owl.  We should learn from the owl and hunt where the (legal) food is.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom