Anyone see the ABC 7 news this morning

chap_dog48

Reaction score
In the segment they stated that Tejon has worked with evironmentalist to come to an agreement to allow the 26,000 homes and also carve out a state park from Tejon. What the hell is going on. That ranch may be going down hill in the near future. And that sucks. FYI

superduty

Reaction score
Search the Hog Forums Chap. We have been talking about it for years.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
Code:
Developers will be allowed to build up to 26,000, and there are also plans for golf courses and hotels.
I wonder if hunting will still be allowed in the conservation area...no mention of that in the article...However, I did see the word preservation and State ParK, no hunting in these areas...

chap_dog48

Reaction score
I've been reading it in the hog forum as well but I was interesting to see it on TV.

wmidbrook

Reaction score
If I remember right, there is supposedly about 100,000 acres (out of the 400,000) that will be a hunting preserve....at least until the board decides to sell it too.

Litch

Reaction score
I am not sure what is so surprising or sucks about this story. It is private property owned by a large corporation that has wanted to develop it for some time which is their right. It is not like they took public land away from us to do this project.
I find it unfortunate to lose a piece of hunting land that a lot of people here enjoyed, but it should not be any surprise as it has been in the works for some time.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
It's about the almighty dollar. Was bound to happen.
Santa Clarita has developed Northward for some time now.
I would be surprised if it happened any time soon what with the economy and the housing market being what it is today.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah.
And the Condor and the no lead thing.
No there's a contradiction in there somewhere.

Kentuck

Reaction score
And just where do they plan on getting water for those 26,000 homes?

One Track

Reaction score
3,600 sqft, 5bed, 4 bath, 4 car garage, on 4 acres, with annual permit for 12 hogs, 1 buck, 1 doe , 1 bear, and if you have sheep in your backyard, you could possibly get a dep tag for lion. Only $1.5 million. Add a bull elk: $1.6 miillion.

BackCountryHNTR

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (One Track @ May 8 2008, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
3,600 sqft, 5bed, 4 bath, 4 car garage, on 4 acres, with annual permit for 12 hogs, 1 buck, 1 doe , 1 bear, and if you have sheep in your backyard, you could possibly get a dep tag for lion. Only $1.5 million. Add a bull elk: $1.6 miillion.[/b]
That is one pricey bull elk!!

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
No wonder they have fourteen groups of hog hunters there a weekend, got to get all the hunting revenue they can before the close shop and make room for Home Depot and WalMart.

bodega

Reaction score
Article in the SF Chronicle on a deal reached with Tejon Ranch that would stop most of the planned residential redevelopment and preserve most of the preoperty under a conservation agreement. This will certainly change things somewhat - maybe only a little - for those of us who hunt there.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?.../BAIR10J7R9.DTL

Top Bottom