Anyone shoot Grizzly Island Wednesday ?

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
Any reports out there ?  Birds , no birds ?  My trigger finger is gettin a little itchy waitin for saturday.
I need to kill somethin .  ;)
Thanks   ,
Brett............................

Maybe a little time at the cabin would calm  my nerves.                         bj

(Edited by Bigolwiggler at 8:42 pm on Nov. 29, 2001)

Kentuck

Reaction score
Biogolwiggler,

I'll be at Grizzly tomorrow on a ressie. I'm not sure if I'll go tonight and sleep in the truck or get up early. I usually go out of lot 2. I may not expect much because it will be my dogs first duck hunt and she is still a little hyper (9 months old). I thought about leaving her home but she needs to get out sometime. Plus if things are too slow I'll pop up to the pheasant club.

Kentuck

Reaction score
I forgot to mention I drive a teal green chevy Z71 extra cab and have a yellow lab.

Drake Slayer

Reaction score
I'll be there saturday afternoon staying the night for Joice Island on sunday.Drive a blue and white 92 F350 4x4 with a popup camper.

Bigolwiggler

Reaction score
Well I looked for you fellers out there, parkin lot 2 and Joice Isl.  I stayed a while to get some birds.
Hope Ya-ll slammed 'em.

As for me ,
2 drake Greenheads
1 drake  Gadwall
And 3-4 drake shoulda gots.

My partner,
1 drake Widgeon
1 Green teal
1 Golden eye
1 shoveler

We stayed till about 1:30 Pm.
Sizable increase in the number of birds in the closed zone. Saw 2-3 lifts of birds that had a few thousand in 'em.

Weather was great , fairly constant light rain , a pretty stout wind most of the day outof the north east.   Had a great time !

All the other hunters around us left by 11:30 or so,
lots of spinnin wings left with 'em.  We left ours spinnin.  They were magnetic !  

I used the sprig teal and widgeon  whistle all day , birds were decoying real nice for this late in the season ( I'd like to think they were coming back cuzz of my whistling though )  I never cranked out a big ol wail call all day , just a few chatters.

Any way , howd ya do  Kentuck and drake slayer ?
Im real curious how Joice Island shot today .
Its normally a duck fest.  Hope yaáll did well.

Brett...............

Kentuck

Reaction score
Well, I actually got a late start. Naturally my favorite spot was taken but I was able to get my second choice. I finished my blind about shoot time and had one hen bluebill land in my dekes and took her. I ended up with two bluebills and a golden-eye. Now worked y area but divers. After shotting the drake blue-bill I passed on the rest. Ended up leaving about eleven. A guy in the blind down from me had a ruddy and a bull sprig when I left. Was very surprised at the lack of sprig. normally the pond i hunt gets some really nice flights of sprig. Guy at the check station said scaups were the number one bird being taken there. Got get me a real decoy cart. The one I have I forgot I bent the axle moving some furniture and it was almost as much work as carrying my gear. Not that I'm out of shape or anything!

Latest Posts

Top Bottom