Anyone using Brians Completed timer

LW

Reaction score
I have the completed board with PIR from Brian, I have my cam wired with 3 leads(owl PF), one from 4, 5, and 6.  short these 3 together and camera flashs and film advances like it is supposed to do.

Every function on  timer board works flawlessly, but will not trip the cam,  I may have the cam connected to the board wrong, mine came with connectors in upper left corner if facing board from PIR side so I have pin 1 on top 2 in middle and 3 on bottom. I have tried several combinations 1 to 4, 2 to 5, 3 to 6 etc.  but nothing seems to work,  If you can tell me what goes where then I can determine if I have a problem with connectors on the board or not.... Thanks LW  

(Edited by LW at 3:37 pm on May 25, 2002)

(Edited by LW at 3:38 pm on May 25, 2002)

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
If there are 5 connections on the board ( so it can do digital too) the one with the jumper on it will be common.  It should be the middle pin.  The 1st one on one end will be the focus and the one on the other side of common should be the shutter.

LW

Reaction score
Thanks AEH, I put  lead from cam pin 4 (common)  on the middle pin on the board, then tried pin 5 from shutter of cam on pin above common and  pin 6 (focus) on pin below common, nothing, then swapped focus to pin above common and shutter to pin below common still nothing,  If this is correct then must be something with the board and not the connectors from the cam...... Thanks LW.

(Edited by LW at 12:46 am on May 29, 2002)

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Call Brian, his # is located on coyotebandits site. Its probibly in the hookup.

Butch

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
Yea, Call brian.  That is the way he hooks up the timer only boardb but I just get the chips so I 'm only guessing.  

LW

Reaction score
Thanks, contacted Brian earlier in the week, said he was busy at work and would get back to me, I can understand busy I really didn't have time to tinker with it then , but as luck would have  it I wound up with a couple days off this weekend. Thought I might try to get it going and get it in the woods while I could.  I have a cam out now I am sure is out of film and snapping it's brains out, this new one has the 38 pic mode that will shut down the cam, nice feature for someone who can't  get out on a regular basis.

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
LW,

Sorry for the delay.  I sent you a picture of where the connections for the complete board are located.

If the connections to the board are not right it will not work.  I tested this board before I sent it and it worked and after reading your post your connections are not right.  I changed the layout for the complete board for a dedicated 35MM so no one knows the order but me.  Sorry about this.  Email me or call me on the picture I sent if you have questions.  I have been so busy that I haven't had time to put together a picture with directions and it is my fault and I apologize for it.

If there turns out to be a problem with the board I will fix it or replace it.

I am trying to get a document on this but I haven't had time to do it yet.  Work is hectic right now.

Any questions please don't hesitate to call.  I don't mind.

Pgumby68

Inactive
Reaction score
Brian,
Could you send me some information about your board? I keep seeing people talk about it but I don't think I have ever seen all the specs.

Top Bottom