Anyone using P52 and slave?

MrPike

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully used a slave flash and a P52 together? If so, was it one of Jon's older boards that was modified or one of his newer? What is the resistor value that controls the sensing window (2.2M, 3.3M, 4.7M) on any board that works?

I am asking because the slave flashes on the cams that I just built will now detect the P52 flash and fire, but the P52 is not "seeing" the slave flash. The pic with the slave is not any brighter than regular cam flash. I changed the 2.2M resistor on one of Jon's older boards to 4.7M on the two that I have done to extend the timing window to get it to work with the Sony. Now it just doesn't brighten the pic.

If I watch the flash when motion is detected, it seems that there is a slight delay after the Sony fires before the slave fires and I'm wondering if it is enough for the Sony to "miss" the slave flash.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can look at or what part of Jon's board controls the timing sequence after detecting a flash? If I could speed up the timing of firing after detection, that is what I would like to try.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Dave,

I dont think anyone has done the P52 with a slave, at least I have never heard of anyone. you were the first, The P32 has been used I know and the resistor you mentioned used to increase the timing window.

Your saying the sony is firing the Picture and the slave, But the slaves going off after the window of opportunity with the sony's shutter being open.

without timing the time period of the sony and Vivitar's reaction time to a pir event, Its tough, maybe Jon will see this and post, But if you went from 2.2Meg to 4.7 Meg on your resistor cangeout then sounds like maybe somwthing in between them is what your looking for.

Good Luck

MrPike

Reaction score
Thanks for the input OBH. I wondered if a 3.3 or 3.9M might be better, but if Jon is putting 10M on the new ones it just doesn't seem to add up that the 4.7M would be too big. I think when I get home I will try to see if the P32 fires it to see if maybe something is different between the P32 and P52 that causes the P32 solution not to work on the P52.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom