anyone want a labrador?

SDHNTR

Reaction score
with a taste for proudly displayed, bow killed turkey fans? The SOB ate the whole damn thing last night. There went my trophy.

One Track

Reaction score
No kidding. Wow. Buck is in the doghouse tonight.

2rocky

Reaction score
Dang, Sorry to hear that Nate,

My April turkey fan was in the ranch shop and disappeared. Not a feather left. I think a coon or possum made off with it... I feel your pain.

I think ol' pup feels left out.

MikenSoCo

Reaction score
Sorry Nate, same thing happened to me, same breed. I sprinkled Cayanne on it and gave it back to her. Her ###### burnt for 3 days

cam188

Reaction score
I'll take him.... lol

This is why I only keep skulls. And well out of reach of the pooches.

This just means you have to go on a fall turkey hunt......

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Dang bro, that sucks.

Well, you could always go in and get it, maybe it's still in big enough pieces to put back together.

Raully

Reaction score
Must be in the air. I had to bail my dog out of the pound today. Either some one tried to still him or he some how broke the chain. Either way cost me a huge headache, $114 dollars and that was with lady giving me a discount. Sorry about your fan mount. They're are buddys, but when they pull the unbelievable you just want to leave em' for coyote bait.

upper

Reaction score
I am sure you are kidding,but if you are not,you are the Dumb arsessss.Your dog is fine as you know................................... Upper

Buck-eye

Reaction score
What else do you expect from a bird dog? Next time get a Ridgeback. Just be sure you dont take a lion in SA.

Sorry about your fan, bro- that sux.

If it makes you feel any better....

I had someone come over to buy my old appliances. To prove that they worked, I had to plug them in. In haste, I unplugged the outdoor freezer, and used the outlet. Forgot to replug it in.

I lost: my turkey fan, the breasts, 20 lbs of gator tail, the rest of my front yard pig, and a gator hide worth about 3 bills.
What a horses patoot.

Sold the appliances though.

whoopie...

Oregon Archer

Reaction score
I have a 13 year old boy who would probably do the same if he was hungry enough lol

Rancho Loco

Banned
Reaction score
Our Aussie was going through a pretty mean chewing phase when she was just over a year old. It hit it's high point when Sunny the dog tore into wifey's new Coach purse. I wasn't there to witness the aftermath, but I heard it was epic when I got the call at work.

She was still pretty hot when I got home - hot enough for me to quietly hide the ammo away for the shotguns and handguns. I really thought that dog was gone, if not dead. She was ready to cave it's head in with a shovel. Me pointing out that it was just a puppy seemed to only make things worse.

The next day, Sunny went after a Coyote who was hanging out in the yard in daylight. Right in front of wfey.. Chased that thing into state land with the full intention of killing it. Didn't come back for 30 minutes. That's why we brought her home, to protect the kids and livestock from cats and coyotes. The dog was pretty pleased with herself when she came back, and prolly saved her own skin in the process.

Hasn't chewed anything since.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
All I want to know is how the dog passed those turkey tail feather quills. That would be impressive.

Kentuck

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that. This is the closest I've ever come to killing my dog.

My lab got my first Gobbler's fan. Came home from the kid's baseball game one Sat. morning. Had the fan salted and sitting on the patio table. Looked out in the back yard see some stuff fluttering around in the grass. I thought, what the heck is that? Then reality set-in. I went out and sure enough, my yellow lab had gotten my fan. Now, I've been mad at my lab before, but this time I was close to killing her. She knew it too. Wouldn't even get close to me. Fortunately for me, she only ate the meaty part. I was actually able to find all the long feathers and most of the shorter ones. Using one of the kill pics, the cardboard "box" I had made to bring it home from KY in and some small green wire I was able to put it together enough to look like it originally did. If the duct tape holding the wire ends ever goes bad that display will be another pile of feathers.

Top Bottom