AO Tag clarification

sdnative13

Reaction score
So I typically hunt a22 in east san diego. With an AO tag am I still able to hunt the 2nd hald of the season of just the early archery and typical rifle season. I did do a search but was not able to find clarity to this question

Klxracer92

Reaction score
For you example, D16 is that zone. You can use an AO tag for the D16 archery season and use archery equipment during the general season.

A22 tag extends your season, enabling you to hunt the 2nd half of the season. To my knowledge, AO is not good for the extended season. I hope this helps.. I would definitely call DFW for clarification.

Smithb9841

Reaction score
Go to ca dfg website, look for the section that details AO tag, there will be notes that say which seasons that you cannot use the AO tag for I highly recommend you see for yourself rather than just taking someone’s word for it on an Internet forum.

D8hntr

Reaction score
Go to ca dfg website, look for the section that details AO tag, there will be notes that say which seasons that you cannot use the AO tag for I highly recommend you see for yourself rather than just taking someone’s word for it on an Internet forum.
Yup. It's there in the regs. Says clearly that AO tag can be used during archery and general seasons of A,B and D zones only, with the exception of G10. Must have archery specific zone tag to hunt archery specific zones.

Jboadway

Reaction score
So if you wanted to hunt two zones or missed the ball and wanted to hunt like D14 you can still buy the AO tag and still hunt the normal archery and general season with your archery gear? At least I am not the only one that doesn’t think this part of the regs is super clear

D8hntr

Reaction score
So if you wanted to hunt two zones or missed the ball and wanted to hunt like D14 you can still buy the AO tag and still hunt the normal archery and general season with your archery gear? At least I am not the only one that doesn’t think this part of the regs is super clear
Yes, just no X zones, G late season hunts(except G10) or archery specific hunts. Regardless if a D zone became a draw tag, you can still use an AO tag.

Top Bottom