April's fool

tomturkey

Reaction score
Check out this April fool day prize .

I called this bad boy across Tyger river this morning at 7:45 and greeted him with a load of Federal premium 2 1/4 oz #6 shot at 35 steps. He only gobbled once and I answered with my brand new "Joint Effort Wingbone". He never said another word but just as I was putting away my calls & drinking a cup of java before moving on, I heard wingbeats to my right. I had to let him walk behind a clump of brush so I could adjust my position & get the gun around. He must've heard me move because instead of continuing the way he was headed, he turned & came out right where I first saw him. BOOM, lights out!! 17 lbs 8 1/2" beard 7/8" spurs. And the opening day streak continues!   :D  

tomturkey  

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
So he ruined your coffee break tomturkey? How rude. Congrats on your turkey. Getting them across a river isn't the easiest thing to do either. Is your "Joint Effort" wingbone call one you made?

tomturkey

Reaction score
Yep Jesse. It is one I made & sent to Mike Davis to do the scrimshaw work for me. This was it's first & possibly last trip to the woods. It's just too pretty to take a chance on breaking it, but man, is it a sweet talker!!

tomturkey ;)

maytom

Reaction score
Gary, way to go buddy!! Fine looking gobbler!!

Tominator

Reaction score
Congrats again Gary, glad you stopped by the camp monday night, it was a pleasure meeting you!
Tominator

metalkingdom

Reaction score
Congratulations Tomturkey!  The first wild turkeys that I ever saw was when I was a kid living in Charleston, South Carolina.  Gonna have to make it out there one day to get one.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom