Aqua-View digital game camera

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I heard a rumor that the makers of the Aqua-Vu under water video camera were going to come out with a digital game camera for about $250.  " Guns & Gear " magazine supposedly had this info in it. Anybody see this article?

http://www.aqua-vu.com/

cedar N sandy

Reaction score
spectr17,
  I just got my lastest issue (June 2001) of Deer & Deer Hunting in the mail this a.m. and in their "New Gear for 2001" section there is a digital game camera offered by Nature Vision called "The Game-Vu". I am sending them a request for their catalog so when I know more about it I will let you know.
  Quoting from the magazine: <font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>"This unique trail camera uses no film, instead storing up to 60 digital images in its flash memory. The Game-Vu uses an infrared strobe system, reducing the risk of spooking deer with a conventional camera's flash or noises. Users can review the Game-Vu's images on a hand held video display or TV/VCR, eliminating the wait and expense of film processing."<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>
 Sounds pretty cool to me.

(Edited by cedar N sandy at 9:07 pm on Mar. 31, 2001)

(Edited by cedar N sandy at 9:39 pm on Mar. 31, 2001)

Elk Bowhunter

Reaction score
The camera "cedar N sandy" is talking about has been out for a while. My dad bought one and the quality of the pics is real poor. During the night you better be within about 10 FEET if you want to tell anything about the bucks. He'd make someone a great deal if your interested!

Washout

Reaction score
This sounds like the Game Vu that has been out. I bought one a couple of months ago. Daytime pictures are bad about being washed out and the nighttime pics have to be very close to be recognizable. They run about 250.00 camera only and 300.00 if you get the viewer to go with it. The only way to view the pics is either though the handheld "viewer", a monocular arraignment, or by hooking the cam up to a TV VCR or other viewer. To actually get the photos off of the camera you will need a VCR and a computer with "capture" capability. The only saving grace this unit has is the lack of a visible flash. With luck you will be able to identify an animal, but don't think that you will want to print out these photos for a nice 8 x 10 for the wall because you won't. They are black and white of poor quality, no color. This unit is best for catching trespassers that you don't want to see the flash and find your cam and maybe locating an old buck that you don't want to spook. Yes, It has its place, but for the money it could be much better. Just my two cents worth.

Gregg

bigbucks

Reaction score
I have nothing but praise for the Game Vu. Here's why. About a year ago I was considering purchasing one, so I got on the internet to find some reviews about it. I ran across a site called Jesse's hunting page. I saw how bad the reviews were so I didn't make the purchase. I bookmarked JHP and came back in July and have been here every night since! Built 2 370 digital units and I am very happy with them. Thanks JHP!!!

HeloMedic

Inactive
Reaction score
Actually, I owe them a thanks. I did a search for game cams and found this site!

brminar

Reaction score
I have one and the pics are poor quality black and white, I have one for $50 if anyone wants to try one out.

brminar

Reaction score
As a follow up...I called the company and they will come out with a color next year but they can't tell what the price will be. Actually, they listed a color version in either Bass pro shop or Cabelas cataloge earlier this year for about $500 but then they pulled it off the market so I suspect it didn't work real well. The D-370 with Brian's timer board has worked great for me and I don't think Gane-Vu will come close for the price or quality.

HeloMedic

Inactive
Reaction score
I dont think you can beat the D370 for a digital.. Ya sure cant beat Brians board. Thanks again Brian

TxCowboy

Reaction score
Yep Big Bucks I'm with you. I had been looking into the Game-Vu and after reading the reviews here I decided against it. I talked to a couple other people who had bought it and were also very disapointed. Then I saw them for about $100 on ebay and I knew they must be bad.lol

After a couple months of frustration and dreading spending $$ on developing with my 35mm. I finally decided I'd see if you boys had worked out a digital here yet or not. Sure enough you had and with the encouragement of a few members (thanks Big Bucks) I ended up building my own. Now I'm working on my 4th or 5th....I fogot which.lol All my buddies want them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom