• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Aqueduct in Hesperia

Jboadway

Anyone fishing the aqueduct in the Hesperia area? Any luck? Working overtime in the area and tempted to try it next time I come up here.

OPAH

Feels like fishing in your bath tub, except the water is traveling at 50 MPH, never caught anything and it never fails a fish and game guy will hit you up for License and gear check, understand not no and again every freaking time !
I have never seen a fish pulled out of it ?

KTKT70

Never been there but we pull lots of fish out of the kern part. But kind of funny. I have gone out and often guys are just sitting and waiting for a fish to hit the line. The use big weight and lay on the bottom. That's ok sometimes, but usual you want to have a bait you can skip off the bottom as you walk alongside the water. A few time we will pull up and start to fish across from guys that sit. We start to catch right away. We stay a little while and have fun before leaving. It is not unheard of for us to get the only fish although many people are trying. image.jpeg Not me or my buddy. Just a example of what we get around here.

Jboadway

Opah you comment on everything! Thanks for your input. Was driving over it a few times and just noticed the signs posted for walk in fishing and thought it could be fun to try. Plus if it’s dead after a couple hours silverwood is just a stones throw away.

Jboadway

Ktkt are you using specific bait type? Swim bait or lure? Those are good looking stripers

Last edited:

Fredezee

Sothern Fishing district right? 10 striper limit with no size limit. Those 10 inch dinkers are the best eating if you can get em!

KTKT70

Be careful. The rules change by county. Only get to keep the big boys up here.

Kern county has 18" minimum and 2 maximum striper limites. LA County and San Bernardino county portions of the duct ar no minimum size and a limit of 10.

You will be in big trouble if you keep a short and or have more than 2. They usally fine you by the fish. So 8 over the limit would not be a ticket you want to get.

Last edited:

gus791

Screw the aqueduct here is not good. If you want aqueduct fish go to pear blossom area to the West. Best fishing is 10minutes away at Silverwood lake brown trout are hot or stripers can be had north west side of cleghorn or around the marina and the docks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

ChrisAMX

Ive tried a few times in the West Antelope Valley with no luck. Also no luck at Quail Lake...probably not using the bait of the day.

OPAH

And If it has not changed you can not use live bait, or introduce any foreign species into the aqueduct. and as I said you be checked out by CDFW

quaildeath

If you care, I believe there is a maximum monthly ingestion limit recommended do to mercury or something else.
Was a big post on in in another fishing forum.

Jboadway

Personally I don’t mind running into game wardens, easy way to kill an hour shooting the breeze.

I knew silverwood had the ingestion recommendation cause of mercury didn’t know it was the same with the aqueduct too but good to know!

i have always had good luck with silverwood, I know a family friend just went camping up there. I think it may be time for a weekend getaway with the family. Going to try skinner but over Memorial Day too, was skunked last year down there though

Plain ol' Steve

Screw the aqueduct here is not good. If you want aqueduct fish go to pear blossom area to the West. Best fishing is 10minutes away at Silverwood lake brown trout are hot or stripers can be had north west side of cleghorn or around the marina and the docks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
so they are biting right now?:thumbs up2:

Top Bottom