• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Aqueduct Stripers

huntingbret

Been almost 4 months since I last fished the aqueduct and I had a bad itch that needed to be scratch. I made a vampire run last night to a gate on the aqueduct in Fresno County. First thing I noticed was that the water was not running. Rats! I knew fishing was going to be tough. So I threw out the jerk bait for nothing. Flukes were next and nothing as well. After 30 minutes of not getting a bite, I was scratching my head as to what I could use next. Went through the tackle box and found a swim bait. Threw that out, let it hit the bottom, then started my slow retrieve. Score! I had a bite and it was fish on. First fish was 21 inches and into my backpack it went. Next cast and boom, had another fish on. Same sized fish so into the backpack it went as well. Grab my other rod and made my way home. Started fishing at 5:30 and stopped at 6:15. Home by 7:30 and got the fish all fillet and ready to cook.

huntingbret

Thanks 7MM. Big J, Huron gate is OK. Its always crowded there with people bait fishing so I don't usually fish there. I will tell you that I was fishing a bit south of that.

Big JJ

U R so right about the anchovie and chicken liver fishing at Heron.
I also like the next spot south under the bridge or even down to I-5.
Congratulations that is a nice mess of fish.
One thing those bait fishing guys have is a great opportunity to bring home some big cats.
I have done both depending on the weather and time of the year.
Have you had any issue with the game wardens or the aqueduct employees out there?

huntingbret

Surprisingly, I've ran into them a lot this year as compared to none last year. It didn't surprise me cause this year, there were a lot of poaching going on and I heard of a few people getting ticketed. All of the game wardens have been friendly and after checking for my license and whether or not I have caught any fish, they were on their merry way.

jls456

Love them Stripers!
Haven't hit the aquaduct.,but nailed quite a few at Pyramid. Especially when they planted...........back in the 80's.
Those were some good times.

Last edited:

Top Bottom