Arch, one more question for you.

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Arch, do you use any king of voltage regulator on your boards which you make yourself?  If so, so you have a low power 5 volt regulator that you can recommend. All of the ones I have are 7805 derivitives and tend to have a high quescient current draw, around 5-10ma usually.  Any suggestions?  At full power, my controller board will draw no more that 100ma (with both relays activated).  At normal standby, around 10ma.  

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Jaggermax,

I can't speak for Arch but he did tell me he was using the Seiko Voltage regulator which can be purchased from mouser part# 628-81250SGY.  This is a 5 volt regulator with 1.2uA drop but I think the max current is 50mA I could be wrong.   I used the TC55 series from Digikey for quite some time but they quit making the TO-92 package and I had quit.  Now I am using them again but I have to use the surface mount version which is a SO-89 package.  They have a idel current of 1uA and they can supply 100mA.  I have some circuits for supplying 450mA and being able to extract 95% of the battery out but I havn't had a change to post them yet.  Hope this helps.

Arch may have some new stuff he is using or verify the current on the 628-81250SGY.

I checked on the 628-81250SGY and it is 100mA source.

(Edited by Brian at 8:48 am on Jan. 28, 2002)

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi Jaggermax,
Here's a few other possibilities:
Toko TKxx series available from Digi-key (thrugh hole & surface mount).
TelCom (now Microchip) also offers some other selections:
TC1015xx
TC1055xx
These are surface mount parts.  The surface mount SOT89 is a fairly large package and is easy to work with.  I got so tired of drilling holes in PC boards that I work almost exclusively with surface mount parts.
Holtek makes some micropower low-drop regs - but I can't find a distributor.  Maxim makes great IC's - but as usual, the price is higher.  Texas Inst. makes the TPSxx series low-drop regs, but I don't know the power consumption on them.

Archilochus

Jaggermax

Inactive
Reaction score
Great fellas.  Thanks for the info.  I just ordered some TC55s from T.I. in the smd package.  They are 100ma and should power my board with no problems.  I like the low quescient current draw.  Thanks again.  

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
Arch,

Laipac Technologies has Holtek devices.  I have ordered from them several times.  They have the HT9274 which is a micro power comparator and the decoder ic's.  There website is under construction so you will probably have to call them to get your parts.

http://www.laipac.com

Brian

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom