Archery 19b

One Track

Reaction score
Archery for antelope? Dang, what was I thinking? I drew that 19b tag. I'm committed to doing my best, knowing that residents with less points didn't draw. Just wondering if any of you guys can point me in the right direction. Sounds like a checkerboard of private and public. Looks like some of the private property owners offer access and require signing in. Suggestions on blinds, decoys etc would be welcome. Promise to return the favor, and report back on what I find. I'll be there when dove season opens, and would like to stay away from the dove hunters. Specking to biologists as well. Thanks!

Mel Carter

Reaction score
Too bad you didn't know you drew this tag earlier this month, I believe my dad lives kind of close to there and I could of done some scouting for you. When does the season open? I'm heading back there for Thanksgiving. If the season is after that, then I can do some snooping around for you to see what I can find out.

Well, I guess you can scrath that idea. I looked a the fish and game website and it looks like it opens in August. Sorry I can't help you out.

Good luck though.

One Track

Reaction score
Thanks Mel. Appreciate the thought. I'll be talking to bioligists and other sources. I hear it's a great unit. Hot too. I'll let you know what I find.

Best,

Brent

OR186

Reaction score
Brent,
Wish I could help but that is new country to me.Antelope with a bow is a tough one but you can pull it off.I have a friend in Susanville who got one by putting a blind at a waterhole.He said they came in like clockwork.Also the fact that antelope move little during the night can be used in your favor.At least you will be hunting.Have fun!

rhaney

Reaction score
Wish I could help you, I havent really hunted 19b, will be hunting goats myself right next door this year in 18a,18b. I can tell you I was scouting lst week and saw a few antelope in the far north corner of 19b just south of ash fork. Not sure what the access issues are there. GOOD LUCK

Ron

One Track

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Should be the ultimate challenge. I'm looking forward to it.

Gary, hope your fishin' season has been good.

rhaney: Good luck in 18. Thanks for the lead.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom