• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Archery Opener 2019

cjack

Who's headed out for the August 17th archery opener? Where zones are you headed for? What scouting have you done? Are your expectations high? Are you as pumped as me? Let's get this thing started!
I'll be out early Saturday morning in D7, I've had a few cameras out for the past month and am excited about what I've seen. I have several options and just hoping one of them will pan out this season. Good luck to all you bow hunters.....GO GET EM!:smiley-mouse:

hntndux

Good luckI I'm heading to B3 Friday morning for 3 days of archery and then heading to B4 next weekend for the rifle opener.

cjack

Good luckI I'm heading to B3 Friday morning for 3 days of archery and then heading to B4 next weekend for the rifle opener.
Good luck huntndux! Dang, that B4 general season is an early one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Bankrunner

I'll be posted up in the D's. Don't know if I'm as pumped as you but I'm pumped. I expect to have a good time and it helps me hunt harder if I expect to see deer, whether that happen or not is another story.
Good luck and shoot straight!

cjack

Just pulled a card to one of my cameras this afternoon. With the hot weather and previous pictures showing movement only in the mornings and evenings I had plans to only hunt mornings and evenings, my plans may have changed with this afternoon sighting!!
STC_0029.JPG

Smithb9841

Good luck everyone I’ll be up in D3-5. Hopefully get up high where it might cool down a bit. CJack goodluck looks like you got at least 1 in the area getting a little too curious!

cjack

Good luck everyone I’ll be up in D3-5. Hopefully get up high where it might cool down a bit. CJack goodluck looks like you got at least 1 in the area getting a little too curious!
Hoping he didn't get spooked by the camera.

cjack

I've actually gotten 7 different bucks on this particular camera over the past month, the problem is the frequency of the sightings and the same buck has never appeared more than twice. It may be just a convenient travel corridor and not a home area for any of these bucks. I set up a blind yesterday and all I can do is go in starting opening day, put in my time and hope for the best.

canamrider07

I've actually gotten 7 different bucks on this particular camera over the past month, the problem is the frequency of the sightings and the same buck has never appeared more than twice. It may be just a convenient travel corridor and not a home area for any of these bucks. I set up a blind yesterday and all I can do is go in starting opening day, put in my time and hope for the best.

Sounds pretty weak, "hope for the best"...Are you f ing kidding? Everyone around here is making excuses, time for some pictures...bring one back or don't come back!! Let's go...

JohnCo

I'm going up for a short weekend in D3-5, I havent scouted this season so I'll just get out there and hope for the best. Good luck everyone!

cjack

Sounds pretty weak, "hope for the best"...Are you f ing kidding? Everyone around here is making excuses, time for some pictures...bring one back or don't come back!! Let's go...
Ha! I may not be coming home! I've learned over the years not to get my hopes to high in D7 but trust me nobody wants to bring one home more than me.

cjack

It's been tough for me, I've spent quite a few days first in D7 and more recently in D11, I have yet to see a buck. No shortage of bucks on trail camera but most are appearing before and after legal shooting times. Unfortunately most of the days I have spent in the woods are on 3/4 to full moon phases. Next week I have plans to try some spots in D11 and D13 when the moonlight appears to be in my favor.

Top Bottom