Archy's Refresh timer

homer

Reaction score
I think I may be missing some pictures, When I test my camera after its been out in the woods awhile the sensor will trip the relay but the camera does not take a picture, but when I trip it again the camera fires. Will Archy's refresh timer solve this problem? If so were can I find info on how to build one.                                                                                                         Thanks Homer

Tinhorn

Reaction score
According to Archy, the refresh pulse will take care of the problem, or at least make it a lot better.  

Here is his site for you to review and get prepared to ask him some more questions.

I have one camera that is especially bad and will be doing something pretty soon too.  He and Richard Webb have been discussing this problem from time to time.  I'm sure glad he came up with this cure.

http://www.geocities.com/archilochus57/49-425.html

Tinhorn

homer

Reaction score
Tinhorn                                                                                                           I was hoping to find something a little less complicated. All this electronics stuff is over my head.I thought  maybe there was a simple timer that would just send a pulse once in a while to keep the camera ready to fire. I don't know if some thing like can be made. Thanks anyway.                                                                                                                                 Homer

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Homer,

Mine will be something like the TLC555 timer circuit.  I just want to add a circuit to my existing timers for a refresh but will have to cabbage off Archy's idea.  

I'm really glad he figured out what it takes to help on the dumb Owl Firing Delay....I really hate the delay.

I'll probably get to it in a week or 2 and will post whatever I comeup with

Tinhorn

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi homer,
Yeah - those circuits can get a bit ponderous!!  But it's the only way I could get all the functions I wanted.
If you just want a simple "refresh" to eliminate most of the delay, as Tinhorn suggested you can just use a 555.  Wire it up as a long period astable and use some diodes/transistors to make a sort of logical "OR" gate withe your 555 shutter timer.  You will need to use 2 relays or other means of triggering the shutter - one for the "1/2 press" shutter contact, and 1 for the "full press" contact.

Good Luck!,
Archilochus

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi guys - I plan to take a different approach. Like, wiring the Green Light to push the Full Shutter automatically while inside the Owl. That way, we would only have to push the Half Shutter from the outside to get all the PF's automated functions. The Green Light doesn't always come on at the same time, so a timer would not be efficient because of being set for the longest delay.  Also, I suspect that waiting for the Green Light would eliminate the need for the pulses. Any ideas?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
RW, can you say that again, only slower this time!  :|

I got lost,  I don't remember a green light in the Owl PF? or do you mean the "flash ready" signal in the PF LCD display?

I'm interested in your thinking....

Tinhorn

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Tinhorn - If you look into the view finder of the PF, and push the shutter button half way you will see a green light come on. The Green Light means that the landing gear are down & locked. Oops, I mean the PF's automated functions are ready.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
RW,

I hardly remember those cams have a view finder, never use them as "Just a Camera"   I know, I know, if all else fails, read the instructions.....

Thanx

homer

Reaction score
I think I need to take a course in electronics, just to get the basics down. then maybe I'll understand more of what your trying to tell me.  Till then I'll be here reading all the posts and trying to keep up.                                                                                                              Thanks Homer

Tinhorn

Reaction score
After I got out of the Army, I took an Electronic course that was 5 hrs a day, 5 days a week, for 18 months........I'm barely qualified to change a light bulb.....ha ha

Top Bottom