Are there any good muslims?

IK13

Reaction score
QW, just posted another thread on the global jihad, it's all over the other threads as well.
And it all revolves around this particular religion.

Naturally you should ask yourself - are there any good ones?
Jesse while using good arguments in another thread mentioned "moderate" muslims.
OK.
Who are they?
Do you believe they are true moderates or are just waiting their turn to jump on the jihad wagon when they have a chance?

Let's try this.
What do you think?

troll

Reaction score
I had a boss who was a devout muslim. He was jailed by Kadhafi as a political prisoner and has some really good stories. I can tell you that he was a good man. I spent many Saturday's with him outside of work helping him build a garage. Could he have been some closet jihadist? Sure. I'll never know unless he straps some explosives to his body and takes some people out. But I doubt it.

In life, there are always good people and bad. Were there some good people in the Nazi party in Germany? I'm sure there were. That didn't make the ideology or the actions of the party right.

Common Sense

Reaction score
Sure there are good Muslims. Just like there are good indians, Remember the old cowboy movies: "The only good indians is a..."

IBAfoo

Inactive
Reaction score
Muslims are as diverse in behavior and viewpoint as Christians. They live all over the world. There are muslims in China, the Phillipines, all over the Arab World, Africa, the U.S. etc. There are over a billion of them, probably about the same number as the population of China, maybe a 5th of the world. Central Asia, Indonesia, the Nation of Islam,

They have all sorts of individual differences in the way their religion affects them. Some are very secular, others are fundamentalists.

Turkey is a secular muslim nation that is a member of NATO and an U.S. ally. The government of Pakistan is certainly cooperating with the U.S. for the most part. Lots of Arab regimes realize they need to have a pragmatic relationship with us, like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Iran before the revolution, Iraq before Saddam invaded Kuwait. Kuwait, the UAE, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Qatar, Dubai. Jordan has been on and off, mostly on.

I guess, to answer your question, one would need to know the definition (post Clinton) of "good." What is a "good" muslim?

The ones I know and work with tend to be social conservative in their personal lives, aware of world events, polite and friendly. I would say the same of the Hindus. On the other hand, if you put Hindus and Muslims in the same territory, say, Kashmir, you can have a problem. Sort of like having two different kinds of Christians in Ireland.

IK13

Reaction score
I wasn't really asking who's cooperating with us and for what reasons (likes us, fears us...)
The definition of "good" - whatever you think it should be.
Just point your finger and say "these here are the good ones".
And the second part of the question is - are they truly good from the heart or because, for whatever reason, this suits them better at the moment and tomorrow given a chance will chop your head off?

sdbowyer

Reaction score
There are plenty of good muslims. They're the ones silently letting the 20% nutjob freaks give them all a bad name. That 20% is an official figure from my head. And 20% of a billion is a lot of damn people. I don't need a definition of good and neither does a good muslim. Until they become vocal and have a reformation like other major religions have then they're reputation is in the hands of the terrorists. That's on them not me. Once in a while I hear from a muslim that is actively trying to denounce the extremists, but more often I hear the excuses and the "Well what about what the US does" childish BS.

arizona hunter

Reaction score
I guess it it sort of like the Crusades. Some of the soldiers & royalty really wanted to liberate Jerusalem because they firmly believed in Jesus as the risen Messiah-the Christ. Others were there because they were looking for a fight or for money or because the King of there land dragged them along.

WW II is another good example. There were good Christians like Dietrich Bonhoeffer who openly spoke out against the atrocities and acted...and was eventually executed. Then there were people within the Catholic church (not all) that thought the Jewish people were justly being punished by God; they never even excommunicated Hitler from the Catholic church.

By the way I am a devout Evangelical Christian. I think the Muslims missed the boat on Jesus even though they had almost 500 years to learn about Him before Mohammad cam along, but I still love them as people and pray for there salvation. However, I alos believe our nation and the world as a whole needs to be on guard considering that 10% of all Muslims are considered "radicals". So if there are about 1 billion muslims in the world that leaves a 100 million Bin Ladens out there.......

Gotta go for now.

Top Bottom