Argus FF310 Camera

empa68

Reaction score
I've just built my first game camera. I didn't want to spend 69.95 for the Canon Owl PF Date at my local Walmart and Sears. I bought a Argus FF310. It has auto advance and date. I've figured out how to trigger the shuttler and film advance. I have one of two problems. 1 - I'm using the Radio shack PIR in Chime mode. When it's on for two seconds my camera take 3-4 pictures. 2 - I'm not getting my flash to work. If we can figure this out this camera is only 25.00. Thanks for .ny help.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Hi empa68,
Have you tried the cam to see if it powers down after several hours of sitting idle??
What about the ability of the flash to hold its charge??
How does the cam behave at low temps?? (below about +10F )

Sounds like it might be a good addition to possible homebrew cams if it passes the "tests" above.

If it takes several pics in a row, you'll need some sort of timer to give the cam a brief shutter closure.  Check previous threads relating to timers and "Tinhorns timer"
You could also put some tape over the cameras flash sensor (assuming it has one) This would effectively put the camera into "forced flash" mode.  The delay caused by the flash recharging could be enough to keep the sensor from triggering the cam several times in a row.

Good Luck!,
Archilochus

(Edited by Archilochus at 9:13 am on Nov. 9, 2001)

empa68

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas Archilochus. The camera has been on for two day and has not shut off yet. I haven't had it in the cold yet to try it out and the manual has no specs on it. It had mechanical linkage from the button to trigger the shutter. I removed the two mechanical pieces. Now it runs from the motor. I think I removed the connection for the flash or shorted something. I bumped the flash Cap and tinkled in my pants...Damn don't do that.

mkacala697

Reaction score
not sure if you got the 3-4 pics each trip thing figured out, but make sure your using a reed relay as that is what its for

Possum

Reaction score
You can use a Joe D. timer for around $15.00-18.00 or $30 if he builds it.  It has a 1, 5, 10min, and double pic mode with a counter included.  Works great.  I have three and they have passed every test I have. What is the flash range of the camera?

Latest Posts

Top Bottom